I gave my first interview for a social media job on twitter in 2007 and it was way ahead of its time. Well it was not an actual interview but something like a first round of interview. Eventually, I was called for a full-fledged interview and then hired on the spot. 7 years later, HCL Technologies is on a mission to revolutionize the hiring process. The Indian IT giant has launched the World’s First Twitter Recruitment Campaign #CoolestInterviewEver. The campaign, which began last week, will have HCL conducting a series of interviews exclusively over twitter, offering the winning candidate an opportunity to work on a year long strategic project with the company’s top management.
The #CoolestInterviewEver has the coolest job profiles ever:
- Ideapreneurship Evangelist – As an Ideapreneurship Evangelist, the candidate will get a chance to travel to different HCL offices and share his/her ideas and thoughts with other HCLites.
- Big Data Guru – In this profile, the candidate will get to work directly with HCL’s analysis and data research teams and gain exposure to 76 industries across the globe.
- Hacker-in-Chief – In this role, the candidate will get an opportunity to work closely with HCL’s web design and project delivery teams, and be part of the most challenging projects within the company.
- Digital Voyager – The candidate will work closely with HCL’s digital marketing team, exploring HCL’s digital presence, being fascinated by it and recommending the right changes to connect us to the rest of the world online.
- Womenspiration – As Womenspiration, the candidate will be aligned to HCL’s employee branding team and will interact with HCL employees to explore new avenues within the organization where women will emerge as future leaders and help craft a strategy to ensure women empowerment within HCL.
Each of the roles are accompanied by expert mentors from the particular field. The winner can choose any field of their choice. In addition to this work experience, the winner will also receive up to USD 75,000! (USD 25,000 as prize money and USD 50,000 as the yearly compensation).
#CoolestInterviewEver on social
The campaign is powered by a microsite, that has enlisted the steps to participate, the roles & rewards, the FAQs and the Terms & Conditions of the contest.
HCL Technologies has been bracing its social community a month in advance with the first social updates made in January this year. The company’s Facebook and Twitter pages began sharing about the unique recruitment process that is soon to start on Twitter. The content that followed later has been interesting. The Twitter page has been gearing up users with the help of visuals and more info about the contest.
HCL also gave cool tips to its potential applicants on the best strategy to adopt for the #CoolestInterviewEver. Shared below is the ‘Twittiquettes’ video with the five cool tips for the interview. More cool videos have been featured on the Gallery at the website.
For additional information about this campaign, please visit www.coolestinterviewever.com. To participate in the “Coolest Interview Ever”, follow@hcltech on Twitter and tweet answers to the questions asked.