Love comes in all shapes and sizes, some of these happened in UberXL and some in UberPool. But all these are real-life love stories that are no less than our Bollywood movies. Here are some that Uber Drivers partners have to share –
1. TRUE LOVE: In my Uber ride I met a couple. The girl had 56 percentage burns on her body because of a psycho attack. After that, her boyfriend decided to marry her. It was a very respectful decision in these times. I feel very happy for that couple. May they stay together for their whole life
2. LOVE BEYOND BOUNDARIES: I have a great and touching story to tell. One day one very old couple booked my cab for Old Delhi station, it was a long journey and during the journey, they started sweet conversations with me. I got to know that before India – Pakistan separation they were living in Lahore (Pakistan) and they met each other at Lahore railway station. That time there were curfews this young boy saved a beautiful girl’s life and dropped her home safely. After that, they started meeting each other. They still teenagers when the separation happened and post that they came to India and got married after few years. Now their age is around 80-85, and they have only one child in India. Apart from that, no one is alive in their family. We generally watch such stories in movies but I never thought that I would meet such people in real life also. Finally, when the journey ended I dropped them with a big smile.
3. THE RIGHT ADVICE: A couple booked my cab for a POOL ride who had unfortunately applied for divorce a few months ago. They kept fighting with each other throughout the ride. I told them some real-life advice. After a couple of weeks, they sent me a message – “thank you very much”.
4. LONG DISTANCE WORKS!: Once a girl booked my car for the airport and on the way we started talking. Then she told me that she is going to receive her boyfriend who was in Bangalore for five years completing his engineering and in those years they didn’t meet or see each other. But still, they were in a relationship and are loyal to each other. That day she taught me an important lesson – love is not based on looks or being around each other all the time, it’s a sweet feeling where a heart beats for the other
5. KISHORE KUMAR KA JAADU: An elderly couple booked a ride. They had come to Bangalore from Delhi. I was playing a late 70’s Bollywood playlist. The husband dedicated a song of Kishore Kumar from the playlist to his wife and asked me to raise the volume and started humming the song for her. She was blushing, smiling and looked happy. They were the best couple I ever saw in my car
6. UberPROPOSAL: Ek baar Ek couple ne meri ride book ki. Unko drop Karne30 minutes baad ladke ne phone kiya aur bola ki uska ek gift car me reh gaya hai. Mai gift vapas karne gaya jo mere car me neeche gir gaya tha. Usne mujhe kass ke galle lagaya aur gift khol ke uske andar jo ring thi voh usne propose karke ladki ko pehenayi aur muje jaane nahi diya. Ladki ko car ke pass chodke voh kahi gaya. 5minutes me vapis ek cake lekar aaya aur mujse katvaya
7. A TRUE PARTNER: This was the same day when the Mumbai bandh happened. I got a booking from TATA hospital to Borivali. When I reached the location I saw a couple in their 50s waiting for me. They asked me if I will drop them to Borivali and I told them that Mumbai ‘bandh hai’. They said, “Beta please drop us, my wife is suffering from breast cancer and she came here for her chemo therapy. Now she cannot stand and its hard for us to reach Borivali. I told them that we can try and as expected, on our journey we met with a lot of problems. But by the grace of god we managed to reach Malad station. When they got out of the car, the lady was unable to walk. So her husband who was in his 50s carried her to the station. Looking at this I understood when there is love in marriage nothing is impossible
8. LOVE NEVER DIES: I have seen many couples in my Uber rides, but the most unforgettable movement was: one day an elderly husband and wife sat in my car. They were like my dada ji & dadi ji but their relationship was like a young couple. They were playing “ANTAKSHIRI” with each other on the ride
9. JUST MARRIED UBER RIDE: Ek bar ek rider ki request aayi, main location pe pahucha! Waha ek ladka Mila usne mujhe 15 min rukne ki request ki! Mujhe 15 ki jagah 25 min ho gaye main wait karta raha. Waha ek shadi ho Rahi thi or log dulha dulhan ke aage Dhol Nagaro pe dance Kar rahe the! Dheere dheere sabhi log nachte hue meri car ke paas aake ruk gaye or dulha dulhan meri car me baith gaye or aage ki seat pe wo ladka baith gaya ! Mujhe bahut Ajeeb Laga par maine usse chalne ke liye poocha or unhone chalne ki ijazat de di. Maine trip start ki or unhe unki drop location tak leke gaya. Waha maine unko drop Kiya or unhe shadi ki badhayi di. Fir us ladke ne payment ki or mujhe 101 rupaye tip dete hue kaha ki bhai jo gadi maine book ki thi wo aaya nahi or fir maine uber book ki par itna der rukne Ko koi teyyar nahi tha. Aap aaye, ruke or trip complete ki uske liye dhanyawad. Ye mera first time tha ki meri gadi me koi dulha dulhan baithe the