Fitbit today unveiled Fitbit Versa, the latest fitness smartwatch with a modern design. This is Fitbit’s lightest smartwatch and offers a comfortable design and a new dashboard that simplifies how you access your health and fitness data. The smartwatch comes with features like 24/7 heart rate tracking, onscreen workouts, and automatic sleep stages tracking meet smart features like quick replies on Android, wallet-free payments, and on-device music, the company claims a 4+ days battery life.
Fitbit also announces new female health tracking to help women track their menstrual cycle, view holistic health data in one place. Female health tracking will be available on-device for Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users, and to all Fitbit app users starting in May 2018. Fitbit OS 2.0 including a new personalized dashboard that provides a more simplified, intuitive view of your health and fitness data. Other features of Fitbit OS 2.0 include:
- Stats at a glance: See your daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, heart rate, and exercise summaries, action-oriented motivational messages, tips and tricks, and daily guidance – all on your wrist.
- More personalized over time: Reminders, celebrations, logging, insights, sleep summaries and social challenges, with prompts to take actions based on your data, coming later in 2018.
Fitbit Versa Specifications
- 1.34-inch Touchscreen color LCD display
- 2.5 GB of storage
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, Optical heart rate monitor, Altimeter, Ambient light sensor, SpO2 sensor, Vibration motor
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC (in special editions)
- Fitbit OS 2.0
- Compatible with iPhone (4S and later) and Android (4.3 and later)
- More than 15 Exercise Modes – Use Swim, Run & other modes to see real-time stats while you exercise
- Connected GPS – See pace & distance during runs or rides by connecting to your phone’s GPS.
- Heart rate tracking with greater accuracy during exercises like cycling, intervals and running
- SpO2 sensor for estimating blood oxygen levels
- Female Health Tracking
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
- Fitbit Pay offers contactless payments
- 145mAh battery, 4+ days of battery life with normal use
What smartwatch or fitness tracker do you use? Drop a comment and let us know below. Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.