Vivo has announced two new flagship smartphones in the Nex series in China, the Nex A and Nex S(Ultimate). Both the Nex smartphones come with a big 6.59-inch (2316×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED, 19.3:9 aspect ratio display and there is no notch on the phone which makes a 91.24% screen-to-body ratio. These smartphones don’t have an earpiece, instead, it vibrates the screen using Screen SoundCasting technology for better bass and softer treble.
The smartphones come in two variants, one powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 10nm processor clocked at 2.8GHz with Adreno 630 GPU (NEX S) and the other with an Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm processor clocked at 2.2GHz with Adreno 616 GPU (NEX A). The Nex S comes with 8GB RAM and 128/256GB storage and the Nex A comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. Further, the Nex S comes with the in-display fingerprint sensor, as seen on the Vivo X21 and the Nerx A comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Both of them are packed with a massive 4000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging technology and they’re running on Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. In the camera department, they sport a Dual rear camera (12MP+5MP) with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, f/1.8 aperture, the secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture and they come with an 8MP front-facing pop-up camera with f/2.0 aperture which raises automatically when you open the front camera. Other features of the devices include Dual SIM, 3.5mm audio jack, CS43199 + SSM6322 Amplifier (NEX S) / AK4376A DAC (NEX A), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C.
Vivo Nex A and Nex S(Ultimate) Specs
- 6.59-inch (2316×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED, 19.3:9 aspect ratio display
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 SoC, Adreno 630 GPU / 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 SoC, Adreno 616 GPU
- Nex S: 8GB RAM+128/256GB storage, Nex A: 6GB RAM+128GB storage
- 12MP+5MP dual rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, f/2.4 aperture shot refocus, AI, 4-axis OIS
- 8MP front-facing pop-up camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- 4000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor on Nex S, rear fingerprint scanner on Nex A
- Thickness: 7.98mm and Weight: 199g
- Dual SIM, 3.5mm audio jack, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
The Vivo NEX S 8GB RAM+128GB variant is priced at 4498 yuan (INR 47,395 approx.), 8GB RAM+256GB variant costs 4998 yuan (INR 52,660 approx.) and the NEX A with 6GB RAM+128GB will cost 3898 yuan (INR 41,055 approx.), It will be available in China starting from June 23rd.
For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.