Nikon has announced the COOLPIX P1000 today. The Nikon COOLPIX P1000 is a compact digital camera that combines superior photographic performance for high-quality, breath-taking images with 125× optical zoom and enhanced operability for the user’s convenience, the new COOLPIX is set to be the new contender in the imaging world of optical zoom. Also, this is the world’s highest 125x optical zoom lens.
The COOLPIX P1000 is equipped with a 125× optical zoom lens that covers an incredible range of focal length beginning at the wide-angle 24mm equivalent and extending to the super-telephoto 3000mm equivalent. It is equipped with an improved EXPEED image-processing engine to achieve superior image quality and Dual Detect Optical VR to provide a level of vibration reduction equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed, this new camera enables sharp and clear images, even with hand-held telephoto shooting. It features approximately 2359k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder, a control ring that can be used to manually adjust focus and change white balance setting, and a focus mode selector that enables a user to change the focus mode while gripping the camera. This compact camera further supports recording of 4K UHD/30p and Superlapse movies, as well as a variety of optional accessories for a rich and diverse imaging expression.COOLPIX P1000 Primary Features:
- The COOLPIX P1000 gets up-close, without being too personal, with a 125× optical zoom NIKKOR lens to provide super-telephoto shooting in the coverage of wide-angle 24mm to super-telephoto 3000mm focal length. Super Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and ED lens elements, which offer superior compensation for chromatic aberration, are also adopted for the lens for sharp and high-resolution images throughout the entire zoom range.
- With approximately 2359k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder scenes are clearly projected with a viewfinder magnification of approximately 0.68× (equivalent in 35mm  format). This viewfinder makes framing and viewing images comfortable and easy, even in the bright outdoors.
- The Dual Detect Optical VR offers vibration reduction equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed, allowing for worry-free super-telephoto photography. The camera processes two types of camera-shake information detected from the angular velocity sensor and the image itself for a precise camera- shake compensation.
- Recording of high-definition 4K UHD/30p movies are supported
- The camera includes a focus mode selector that can be used to change the focus mode after focus has been acquired and a control ring that allows the adjustments of settings such as white balance and manual focus
- 3.2-in. TFT LCD vari-angle monitor
- Support for Nikon’s exclusive NRW (RAW) format
- COOLPIX Picture Control
- Super lapse and time-lapse movies support
- SnapBridge support that enables remote camera control from a smart device and automatic transfer of photos to a smart device
This COOLPIX comes equipped with an accessory terminal and an accessory shoe that supports a wide variety of accessories, including external Speedlights. Among the many optional accessories available for the P1000 is a new Bluetooth remote control (ML-L7) that can be used to eliminate the camera shake that is often a concern with a telephoto shooting. This accessory supports smooth and precise super-telephoto photography.
Availability and Pricing
The COOLPIX P1000 is priced at $999.95 (INR 68,701) and will be available in September in US market and there is no word on the India availability yet. Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.
“Optical experience and expertise at its best are the words best describing our new COOLPIX P1000. The camera boasts technological advancements along with superior imaging experience for our users. The ideal companion for super-telephoto photography be it birding, wildlife, or celestial bodies, the new COOLPIX P1000 endows our users with streamlined operability and high-resolution quality that is built to impress.” says Sajjan Kumar – Managing Director, Nikon India.