HMD Global has unveiled the next generation Nokia 3 in India today. The newly launched Nokia 3.1 was unveiled in Russia recently along with the Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 5.1 respectively. Nokia 3.1 is an Android One powered and will be upgradable to Android P very soon.
The Nokia 3.1 features a 5.2-inch (720 x 1440 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, it is powered by MediaTek MT6750 processor clocked at 1.5GHz, Mali T860 GPU. It comes in 2GB RAM and 162GB internal storage options, with MicroSD card support up to 128GB. In the camera department, it sports a 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and an 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens, Nokia 3.1 comes with a 2990mAh built-in battery.Nokia 3.1 Specs
- 5.2-inch (720 x 1440 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.5Ghz MediaTek MT6750 processor, Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, with MicroSD card support up to 128GB
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Android 8.0 Oreo, upgradable to Android P
- 2990mAh built-in battery
- Thickness: 8.7mm
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
Pricing and Availability
The new Nokia 3.1 will come in three colours – Blue/Copper, Black/Chrome, and White/Iron. It will be available for INR 10,499 from 21st July across offline mobile retailers and also on Nokia.com/phones and Paytm Mall.
- Buy Nokia 3.1 from a retail outlet by scanning the Paytm Mall QR code and get 10% cashback on recharges and bill payments on Paytm.
- Buy Nokia 3.1 and get additional two INR 250 movie cashback vouchers which can be redeemed against booking minimum two movie tickets via Paytm.
- ICICI Bank Credit or Debit Card users will get a 5% cashback.
- Idea and Vodafone consumers will get two exciting offers. On a recharge of INR 149 pack, they will get 1GB data/day, unlimited calls and 100 SMS/day for 28 days; additionally, consumers upgrading from 2G or 3G phone to the new Nokia 3.1 will get 1GB data/day for 28 days. On a recharge of INR 595, consumers will get unlimited calls, 100 SMS/day, 18GB data for 6 months.
Ajey Mehta, Vice President, and Country Head – India, HMD Global, says: “India is one of our top markets and Indian consumers, a top priority for us. We work to constantly enhance the experience on our phones to better suit the everyday needs of our consumers. Every single detail on a Nokia smartphone is designed with consumers in mind, which is why we are delighted to introduce a further refined Nokia 3.1 smartphone that delivers a dramatic step up on performance, continues to drive the most premium design elements and delivers the class-leading quality that you expect from us. We are delighted that we have been able to raise the bar on our most successful model for our consumers.”
Do let us know your thoughts, Drop a comment and let us know, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.