OnePlus 6 is now receiving OxygenOS 5.1.9 OTA update which brings in several feature improvements and general bug fixes. The update also brings the latest Android security patch to (July 2018). The OTA will reach a small percentage of users as of now, and the broader rollout will roll out in a few days.
The latest OxygenOS update will also bring Google Lens functionality will be available on the OnePlus 6’s native camera app. OxygenOS 5.1.9 builds on the great photographic experience of the OnePlus 6 and further improves clarity, dynamic range, edge detection in portrait mode and overall focusing speed and accuracy. The Google lens can use the camera to scan QR codes and use the image recognition tool to get more information about things like books, buildings, and works of art, by simply tapping on it. OnePlus 5 and 5T users can also expect to get the Google lens update via OTA soon. Further, the update also brings beauty mode for Selfie Portrait and the Message app gets Group MMS feature. Other changes in the latest build support for Telia Finland VoLTE (Default On) and VoWifi (Default Off) and the issues with accidental touches triggering gestures ( Draw V) has been fixed now. Here is the official changelog.
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.7
- Fixed issues with accidental touches triggering gestures ( Draw V)
- Supported Telia Finland VoLTE (Default On) and VoWifi (Default Off)
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved image quality
- Integrated Google Lens mode
- Now you can access Google lens from your camera with a tap and Google Lens will tell you what’s in the image, giving you information about things like books, buildings, and works of art etc.
- Added beauty mode for Selfie Portrait
- Added Group MMS
Wireless & networks
- Optimized stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Fixed stability issue with the Bluetooth connection for cars
OnePlus 6 gets DxoMark score of 96
The OnePlus 6 rear-facing dual camera achieved an overall DxOMark score of 96 points, placing it among some of the better-performing devices such as the Apple iPhone X, the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, and the Google Pixel 2. Its overall Video score of 87 points and good performance in many key areas. Read the full review here.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.