Razer has announced the successor to the Razer Phone today, the Razer Phone 2 comes with a fresh glass back design. This phone is also a gaming phone just like its processor and comes with a Vapor Chamber Cooling System that allows heat to spread throughout the phone with a custom vapor chamber to dissipate the heat.
The Razer Phone comes with a 5.72-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD 120Hz UltraMotion display, as seen on the previous gen Razer Phone. The display makes the smartphone run smoother and best for graphics-intensive usage suitable for gaming. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 processor clocked at 2.8GHz and is coupled with Adreno 630GPU. It packs in 8GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, with microSD card support up to 2TB. The device is running on Android 8.1 Oreo and will receive the 9.0 Pie update pretty soon. It is packed with a massive 4,000mAH battery with support for Quick Charge 4+ and also comes with support for wireless charging. The fingerprint scanner is embedded in the power button on the side, as we had seen on the original Razer Phone. In the optics, there is a dual 12MP rear camera-one of them is a telephoto lens. The primary 12MP sensor comes with f/1.75 wide-angle lens and the secondary 12MP telephoto sensor comes with an aperture of a f/2.6 lens. They feature Sony IMX Sensors, dual-tone LED flash and supports OIS(Optical Image Stabilization). Below the camera, the Razer Phone 2 features Chroma RGB Razer logo, it glows when the phone receives notifications. It is also IP67 water and dust resistant. The device comes with Stereo front-facing speakers with Dolby Atmos technology, Dual amplifiers. This also doesn’t come with a 3.5mm audio jack, so they are packing an audio adapter with THX-certified DAC in the box. Other features include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC.
Razer Phone 2 Specifications
- 5.72-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD UltraMotion display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 645nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 825 SoC, Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB with microSD card
- 12MP+12MP dual rear camera with f/1.75 wide-angle lens and f/2.6 telephoto lens, Sony IMX Sensors, dual-tone LED flash, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and Wireless charging
- Fingerprint sensor, integrated with the power button
- Stereo front-facing speakers(Dolby), Dual amplifiers, 24-bit DAC Audio Adapter
- No 3.5mm audio jack, Audio adapter with THX-certified DAC
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Thickness: 8.5mm
This Razer Phone 2 will cost $799 (INR58,942) and is now available in the US, Canada, UK and Europe for the Mirror version and the Satin version will be available later.
What do you think about this new smartphone? Drop a comment and let us know in the comment section below, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.