Lenovo in India, today has announced ThinkShield which is an end to end approach to securing business devices, data, online presence and identity throughout their lifecycle.
ThinkShield features a suite of security-focused tech. From physical endpoint protection to a trusted supplier program and transparent supply chain management, ThinkShield covers features that are integrated at the deepest level to ensure the highest level of security for enterprises. Lenovo has partnered with Bufferzone, Coronet, and Absolute to empower IT administrators and end users to secure their identity and data while being online. ThinkShield solutions are available on ThinkPads, ThinkCentres, and ThinkStations that were launched in April 2018, and later.
ThinkShield by Lenovo Secures Devices through the Entire Lifecycle
- From secure BIOS and firmware development to features like ThinkPad Privacy Guard security screens and the industry’s first laptop camera shutters, Lenovo builds protection into its products.
- Security doesn’t stop at design: Lenovo has unique control over its global supply chain, setting strict security standards and policies for its manufacturing facilities.
- Lenovo’s strategic partnership with Intel has enabled them to align with the Intel Transparent Supply Chain, which allows customers to locate the source of each component of their new system.
- Lenovo oversees the security of suppliers who build intelligent components, making sure they conform to rigorous Trusted Supplier Program guidelines and best practices. For an extra layer of transparency, Lenovo Quality Engineers can audit suppliers at any time.
ThinkShield by Lenovo Protects Users’ Identities and Credentials
- Lenovo offers the industry’s first and only FIDO-certified authenticators—plus match-on-chip fingerprint technology—to give companies safer, easier ways to protect their employees’ identities.
- Integration with Intel Authenticate—up to 7 authentication factors—offers greater security and flexibility than vendors providing fewer authentication methods.
- BIOS-based Smart USB protection allows IT professionals to configure USB ports to respond only to keyboards and pointing devices, keeping employees’ PCs safer.
ThinkShield by Lenovo Protects Users Online
- Lenovo WiFi Security, in partnership with Coronet, detects threats and notifies users when they are about to connect to unsafe wireless networks.
- BUFFERZONE technology isolates online threats before they infect the whole organization.
- Lenovo Endpoint Management, powered by MobileIron, provides a secure, simple way to unify cloud and endpoint security across multiple devices.
ThinkShield by Lenovo Protects Users’ Data
- Absolute Persistence technology provides IT admins with an unbreakable connection to all of their devices so they can leverage enriched asset intelligence, automate endpoint hygiene and stay audit-ready with continuous compliance.
- Once devices reach the end of their lifecycle, Lenovo keeps potentially sensitive data secure by wiping the drives and securely recycling the parts.
- Lenovo offers a paid Keep Your Drive service that ensures sensitive information never leaves customers’ hands.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.