Honor has now started rolling out Android 9.0 Pie OTA update to three of their smartphones in India – Honor 10, Honor View 10, and Honor Play. The update is based on Huawei’s EMUI 9.0 custom skin and brings some major improvements, design overhaul, and performance improvement to the devices. The Honor View 10 was launched in January 2018, the Honor 10 was launched in May 2018 and the Honor Play was launched in August 2018.
The latest EMUI 9.0 brings some Indian specific features like local language support and local calendar support. Here is the list of key features in EMUI 9.0:
- Minimalist design with an immersive experience, speed enhancements, AI capabilities.
- AI prediction technology– System response speed is increased by 25.8%, application startup is shortened by 102 ms and overall system fluency is increased by 12.9%.
- GPU Turbo 2.0 – AI predictive resource allocation and intelligent scheduling, efficiently improves game fluency and lowers touch delays by an average of 36%, games will run smooth and cool with advanced temperature control.
- AI video editor identifies faces and creates video highlights for each person.
- HiVision – With app can scan landmarks or paintings it will tell you the history. Also, while eating at local restaurants, you can translate the foreign language menu in real-time. It can also measure food calories with volume estimation to keep your diet healthy.
- AI E-Commerce – Tap the image with two fingers or point the camera at the product and get purchase links from top e-commerce platforms in an instant.
- Wireless projection – With PC mode, you can use the graffiti pen to write notes, leave remarks and make screenshots during the meeting. Any incoming phone calls or messages will be hidden from the big screen.
- HUAWEI Share – Wireless Printing with just a click of a button, no cables, and extra devices.
- New vibration feedback
- One hand control – visual design and card-type layout form a unified design, bottom navigation buttons.
- New navigation gesture – more intuitive and allows you full use of the screen.
- Password Vault – Lock apps with your Fingerprint, Face ID or lock code.
- Digital Balance – Highlights screen time management report on your daily phone use, duration of time spent viewing notifications, and how long you use each application, set a daily schedule to get your phone ready for bed. Your screen fades to Grayscale.
- Local language support and local calendar support- India Specific
Which is your favorite Android Pie feature? Drop a comment and let us know, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.