Qualcomm has announced the Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform for mid-range smartphones. This is the second SoC in the 700 series after the Snapdragon 710. The Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform is built on 10nm process technology, which is seen on flagship level smartphones. Also, the Snapdragon 712 supports the multi-core AI Engine and neural network processing to mid-range smartphones. Here are some of the features of Snapdragon 712.
- Better Performance and battery life
With a 10 nm processor, architecture enhancements and core improvements, users can experience a 10% performance uplift across gaming, web browsing and more. When it’s time to recharge, with the Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology will take your phone from 0% to 50% in just 15 minutes.
The 3rd generation multi-core Qualcomm AI Engine delivers improvements for mobile AI applications. Devices powered by the Snapdragon 712 can better manage battery usage, auto-adjust settings for pictures, and understand your voice cues more naturally.
The platform supports up to a 32MP single camera and up to a 20MP dual rear camera. Also, it lets you capture vibrant, high-quality photos and videos thanks to new architectures in the 2nd generation Qualcomm Spectra ISP. It lets you shoot 4K Ultra HD video using less power.
- Ultra HD 4K (3840×2160) video capture at 30fps
- Native display support for 2K HDR-capable (QHD+ @60fps, 10 bit)
Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform Features
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core – Kryo 360 CPU,
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 10nm process technology
- Up to 8GB RAM, 12×16 LPDDR4x 1866MHz, SD 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C
- Supports up to QHD+, HDR10 (3360×1440) displays
- Up to 4K external display support
- Integrated X15 LTE, VoLTE, Voice over Wi-Fi with LTE
- Cat 13/15 speeds of up to 800 Mbps down/150 Mbps up
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Up to 32 MP single camera, 20MP dual camera, Zero Shutter Lag, Hybrid Autofocus, Ultra HD 4K video capture at 30fps, QHD+ @60fps
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
- Dual SIM VoLTE
- Qualcomm aptX playback support: aptX Classic, aptX HD
- Up to 4K Ultra HD Premium playback, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS, H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC), VP8, VP9
- Dual-band( 2.4GHz and 5GHz ) 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 4×4, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5
Follow us on twitter for more news and updates.