Xiaomi has announced a new selfie-centric smartphone in India today under the ‘Y Series’ – Redmi Y3. The new Redmi Y3 was unveiled at an event in New Delhi and it comes with a 32MP selfie shooter, dual rear cameras, Gorilla Glass 5, 4000mAH battery, and Splash-proof design.
The Redmi Y3 comes with a 32MP front camera with 1/2.8″ Samsung sensor, EIS, AI Portrait, HDR, AI Beautify 4.0, Super Pixel for low-light selfies, Palm-shooter mode for a stable selfie, and 80-degree wide angle for a group selfie. At the rear, the Redmi Y3 packs in a 13MP(f/2.2 aperture)+2MP dual rear cameras with 1.12um pixel size, PDAF, and LED flash. The rear camera supports video recording up to Full HD at 60fps. The device is packed with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and also comes with a 360-degree AI face unlock support. Further, the device is now P2i Splash-proof design and comes with IR blaster as well as a 3.5mm headphone jack at the top. Coming to the display, the Redmi Y3 comes with a 6.26-inch (1520×720 pixel) HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a dot notch(dew-drop notch) along with the Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 processor clocked at 1.8 GHz, Adreno 506 GPU. It comes in two variants – 3/4GB RAM with 32/64GB internal storage respectively with microSD card support up to 512GB. To power all the internals, the Redmi Y3 comes with a massive 4000mAH battery. The Redmi Y3 is running on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie.
Redmi Y3 Specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520×720 pixel) HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.8 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 processor, Adreno 506 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage, MicroSD card support up to 512GB
- 12MP+2MP AI dual rear cameras set up with PDAF, ƒ/2.2 aperture, AI Portrait mode, HDR, Panorama, Low light enhancement, 1080p video recording at 60fps.
- 32MP front camera with 80° wide-angle lens
- Google Lens integration
- MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- P2i Splash-proof design
- Rear Fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 4000mAH battery
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
Pricing and Availability
- Redmi Y3 3GB+32GB – INR 9,999
- Redmi Y3 4GB+64GB – INR 11,999
The Redmi Y3 will be available in Elegant Blue, Bold Red colors and Prime Black color options and will go on sale from April 30th on Mi.com, Amazon, and Mi Home.