Canon India, one of the leading players in the imaging space today announced the launch of EOS 200D II, the latest addition to their EOS DSLR range and a successor to the iconic EOS 200D. Powered by Canon’s DIGIC 8 imaging processor and packed with a multitude of features, the EOS 200D II packs a punch in its lightweight and compact body.
With the onset of the holiday season, Canon’s most compact and lightweight DSLR EOS 200D II will prove to be the ideal travel companion for photography enthusiasts to capture everyday moments. It sports an APS-C size (equivalent) imaging sensor along with a Vari-angle LCD monitor. With the Creative Assist and smooth skin feature incorporated for the first time in an EOS DSLR, users will be able to achieve desired effects in their photographs and take picture perfect selfies easily on the EOS 200D II.
EOS 200D II Specifications
- Weight – 449g
- Image sensor – 24.1 megapixels APS-C CMOS sensor
- Imaging processor – DIGIC 8
- ISO speed – 100 – 25600 (Expandable to 51200)
- Continuous shooting speed – Viewfinder shooting: Max. 5.0 shots/s, Live View shooting: Max. 5.0 shots/sec (One-Shot) or 3.5 shots/sec (Servo AF)
- AF in Live View – Dual Pixel CMOS AF system
- Connectivity -Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
- Display – 3-inch LCD, 1.04 million dots TFT, Touch Panel
- Storage – SD / SDHC* / SDXC* Card (*UHS-1 cards)
Key Features of EOS 200D II
- Compact size and weight, full-fledged functions, deeper grip design for a secure hold and intuitive user interface.
- It is Powered by the latest DIGIC 8 processor and a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor, users can expect to capture sharp, vibrant images in optimum quality.
- A wide ISO range of 100 to 25,600 (expandable to 51,200) allows for shooting in a variety of lighting conditions and noise level is kept to a minimum in low light conditions.
- One can achieve focus with minimum AF luminance of EV-4 with Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology.
- Auto Lighting Optimiser allows capturing gradations of a sunrise or sunset or the rich hues of a grass field.
- EOS 200D II is ideal for shooting 4K movies and it also comes with 4K Time-Lapse movie function makes time-lapse movies a breeze.
- The Assist function helps new shooters navigate the different settings to achieve their desired effect.
- The intelligent focus system can continue to track the subject’s eye even when there is movement, ensuring that you never lose focus on your subject
- Images can be automatically transferred from the EOS 200D II to a smart device upon shooting.
- Uploading them to social media platforms or cloud storage is made all the more simple with the camera’s dedicated one-touch Wi-Fi button to facilitate connection.
- Users can control camera settings such as shutter speed, self-timer, focus selection and more with the Canon Camera Connect app.
- With the built-in Bluetooth low energy technology, the camera can stay connected for quick access such as image viewing on smart devices.
Pricing and Availability
The EOS 200D II is now available for INR 52,995 (EF-S18-55 IS STM Kit) and EOS 200D II double zoom kit is priced at INR 65,995 (EF-S18-55 IS STM + EF-S55-250 IS STM).
Speaking on the launch of the new Canon EOS 200D II, Mr. Kazutada Kobayashi, President & CEO, Canon India said, “At Canon, it is our constant endeavour to promote the culture of photography among all genres. I have personally seen photography grow by leaps and bounds and it’s a matter of pride that Canon has played a key role towards this growth. With photography becoming an everyday affair, we always strive to introduce products that can enable our consumers to capture beautiful memories in a seamless manner. With the launch of our new user-friendly EOS 200D II camera, we are equipping users with an ideal companion to capture simple, everyday moments with ease. We are positive that the EOS 200D II will be instrumental in making photography an enjoyable experience for users.”
For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.