Huawei has announced a new mid-range smartphone. The company today announced The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019, which is an upgrade to the already launched Huawei Y9 2019. The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 comes with Triple rear cameras, pop-up selfie camera, and USB Type-C port.
The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 sports a 6.59-inch display up front with Full HD+ (2340*1080 pixels) and 2.5D curved glass with 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, it is powered by the in-house Kirin 710F Octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz and ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU. The device comes in two variants- 4GB+64GB and 4GB+128GB with microSD card support up to 512GB. It packs in a 4000 mAH battery with AI power management, fast charging via USB Type-C port and is running on Android 9.0 Pie based on EMUI 9.0.
Coming to the camera department, the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 a triple rear camera set-up – 16MP + 8MP + 2MP sensors with 6P lens, LED flash. The rear camera’s AI algorithm can recognize 22 categories and 500+ scenes in real-time, 5 as well as analyze and optimize the scenes intelligently so each shot will be more accurate and vivid. Over at the front, there is a 16MP front-facing pop-up camera which can raise in 1 second. The device comes with a rear fingerprint sensor and other features include Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 X 1080 pixels) Full HD+ TFT LCD FullView display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, notch
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Kirin 710F 12nm processor, ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64/128GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 512GB
- Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- 16MP + 8MP + 2MP triple rear camera with 6P lens, AI camera
- 16MP front-facing pop-up camera
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- Thickness: 8.8mm and Weight: 196.8g
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAH battery, USB Type-C
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green & Midnight Black
There is no update on the pricing or availability yet, it should be out in the next few days. Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.