Xiaomi India has launched a new variant of its ultra-budget smartphone in India today, Redmi Go with 16GB storage. The Redmi Go is a smartphone built on Google’s Android Go platform which was launched in India back in March for INR 4,499. The new variant comes with 16GB storage instead of 8GB on the earlier one. Except for the storage, everything else remains the same.
The Redmi Go comes with a 5-inch HD LCD display, it is powered by a Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC clocked at 1.4GHz coupled with Adreno 308GPU. It will come with 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage with microSD card support up to 128GB. The device packs in a pretty decent 3000mAH battery and is running on Android 8.1 Oreo(Go Edition) and will also receive further updates from Google. With Android Go, users can experience a smooth and fast operation that is specifically optimized for Redmi Go. With fewer pre-installed apps, data and storage use is considerably minimized. Google Assistant (Go edition) is available in over 5 languages including Hindi.
In the camera department, Redmi Go features an 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and LED flash while it houses a 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture. Other features of the device include Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi Direct, WiFi 2.4G, and 3.5mm Audio Jack.
Redmi Go Specifications
- 5-inch HD LCD display
- 1.4GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor, Adreno 308GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8/16GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 128GB
- 3000mAH battery
- Android 8.1 Oreo(Go Edition)
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm large pixel
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi Direct, WiFi 2.4G
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Thickness: 8.05mm and Weight: 181g
- Colors: Black and Blue
Pricing and Availability