One of the much-anticipated flagship smartphones, Redmi K20 Pro has been finally launched in India today at an event in New Delhi. The Redmi K20 Pro is the company’s first smartphone in India to feature Snapdragon 855 chipset. The Redmi K20 Pro and the Redmi K20 were announced in China back in May.
The Redmi K20 Pro comes with a 6.39-inch Full HD+ Horizon AMOLED(2340*1080p) display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 91.9% screen to body ratio. The device is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 over at the front at the back. The Redmi K20 Pro is powered by a 7nm Octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor, Adreno 640 GPU with Game Turbo 2.0, Vulkan 1.1, the world’s first phone to feature it. K20 Pro comes in two variants in India– 6+128GB and 8+256GB. To power all the internals, the Redmi K20 Pro is packed with a huge 4000mAH battery with 27W (18W in-box charger) Soniccharge support via USB Type-C(58% in 30mins). It is running on Android 9.0 Pie based on MIUI 10. Also, it features the 7th gen In-Display fingerprint scanner and also supports AI face unlock.
In the optics department, the Redmi K20 Pro features a triple rear camera setup with a 48MP f/1.75 Sony IMX 586 primary snapper, a 13MP ultra-wide (124-degree FoV), f/2.4 secondary sensor, and an 8MP f/2.4 telephoto shooter. The camera also supports 2x optics zoom, 2k @ 60fps, portrait mode, Laser AF, LED flash and supports 4K recording with all three lenses. Over at the front, the device comes with a 20MP pop-up selfie camera which raises in 0.8seconds with f/2.0 aperture, Camera Edge Lighting System(CLES), AI selfie, group selfie, drop protection, sapphire glass. Other features of the device include 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi(2.4+5Ghz), Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Hi-res audio, and DC dimming feature.
Redmi K20 Pro Specifications
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ Horizon AMOLED(2340*1080p) display, Gorilla Glass 6, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 91.9% S/B ratio, HDR support, 600nits brightness, Always on Display
- 2.84GHz 7nm Octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor, Adreno 640 GPU, Game Turbo 2.0
- 6/8GB RAM
- 64/128/256 GB storage
- 48MP (f/1.75, 1/2” sensor, 6PC lens) + 13MP (f/2.4) + 8MP (f/2.4, telephoto) triple rear cameras, 2x optics zoom, LED flash, Laser AF, 4K @ 60fps and 960fps slow-mo, Google Lens
- 20MP pop-up selfie camera, f/2.0
- Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10, Dark Mode
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 4000mAH battery, 27W SonicCharge(18W in-box)
- In-Display fingerprint scanner, 7th gen
- Hi-Res 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Reading Mode 2.0, DC dimming
- P2i certified slash-proof
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi(2.4+5Ghz), USB Type-C, Dual SIM, 4G, Dual-band GPS
- Widevine L1 support(update coming on Friday)
- Weight: 191g
- Colors: Flame Red, Glacier Blue, Carbon Balck
Pricing and Availability
- Redmi K20 Pro – 6+128GB @ INR 27,999
- Redmi K20 Pro – 8+256GB @ INR 30,999
The Redmi K20 Pro will go on sale in India from 22nd July on Flipkart, Mi.com, and Offline stores(Mi Home). Those who had pre-booked the device in the Alpha sale, the device will be available for purchase on Flipkart and Mi.com today at 8PM. The device also comes with a premium hard case worth INR 500.
- Alpha users, ICICI bank INR 2,000 offer
- Tomorrow at Mi Homes across India, ICICI bank INR 2,000 offer
- INR 1,000 cashback for the sale on July 22nd
Redmi K20 Pro Signature Edition with Gold was also announced for INR 4,80,000 and only 20 units will be available in India.