Along with the launch of Redmi Note 8 in China today, the company also announced the Redmi Note 8 Pro and as expected. The Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with a 64MP Quad camera set-up and is also the world’s first smartphone to feature MediaTek Helio G90T processor. The company also announced limited edition Redmi Note 8 Pro World of Warcraft that comes with exclusive box contents, and theme.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro also comes with a liquid cooling technology that will reduce the phone’s temperature by 4-6 degrees. Jumping into the specifications, the Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with a tall 6.53-inch Full HD+ (2340*1080)19.5:9 display. The device features Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection over as well at the back. Under the hood, it is powered by an octa-core 12nm MediaTek Helio G90T SoC clocked at 2GHz, Arm Mali – G76 3EEMC4 GPU. It comes with up to 8GB RAM and 128GB storage options with microSD card support. It is packed with a big 4500mAH battery with USB Power Delivery and 18W Quick Charge support via USB Type-C port and is running on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie.
Coming to the camera department, it comes with a Quad-camera set-up at the rear with 64MP+8MP+2MP+2MP sensors with an LED flash. The primary 64MP being a Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 1/1.72-inch large sensor, EIS, an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle with 1.12μm pixel size, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro lens(2cms) with f/2.4 aperture. Over at the front, the Redmi Note 8 comes with a 20MP camera for selfies and video calls. The fingerprint scanner is embedded in the camera model at the rear. Other features of the device include IR Blaster, improved speaker, Dual SIM, NFC, and 3.5mm headphone jack. Also, the Redmi Note 8 Pro is now splashproof, IP52 rated.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specifications
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ (2340*1080) IPS display, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2GHz Octa-core 11nm Snapdragon 675, Adreno 612
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64/128GB storage, microSD card support
- 64MP(Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1, f/1.8, EIS) + 8MP (120-degree FoV, 12μm lens) + 2MP(depth) + 2MP(macro lens, 2cms, f/2.4) with LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Rear Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- 4500mAH battery, 18W Quick Charge, USB Type-C, USB PD
- IR Blaster, 3.5mm Audio Jack, NFC
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE
- IP52 water-resistant
- Colors: Green, Grey, White
Pricing and availability (in China)
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage is priced at CNY 1399(INR 14,039 approx.)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage is priced at CNY 1599(INR 16058 approx.)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage is priced at CNY 1799(INR 18,066 approx.)
The Redmi Note 8 Pro World of Warcraft be available from September 3rd. The device is also compatible with Black Shark’s Gamepad (Redmi Custom version) and will be available at CNY 99(INR 994 approx.) for early buyers in China.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.