Recently we had an opportunity to meet and interact with Mr. Ashok Jangra, Cluster Marketing Manager (India & South West Asia), Logitech Electronic India. He showcased quite a few interesting upcoming products that we can’t really talk about at the moment, but be rest assured that you are about to be blown by what’s coming your way from Logitech India. Apart from getting a hands-on of new products, we discussed about the company’s approach for India and the vision for the future. Read the interaction here:
1) What’s your focus for India – Logitech Gaming, Logitech Business or the consumer electronics products?
We have equal focus on our entire portfolio be it Gaming, PC Peripherals, Music or Business products. All the products address different needs and demand proper focus. However keeping in mind upcoming summer holiday season Gaming & Music are likely to attract more attention. Also, with wireless speaker segment growing, wireless keyboard and mice witnessing substantial growth in all markets including India, Logitech understands the need for innovative wireless products. Hence, you will see a strong focus from us on wireless products across business segments in both online and offline channels.
2) How soon do you think people in India will go for home automation products like harmony hub, what are your plans for driving growth in this category for India.
Currently we do not sell Harmony products in India.
3) We have seen great products in the business category from Logitech. How the numbers are like and how open are corporates to owning products like ConferenceCam Connect.
Our B2B customers have shown great confidence in our products and its growing day by day. ConferenceCam Connect is unique and powerful design which address the need to of small work groups where asset optimisation in need of hour.
The product will be available in India later and we are very optimistic about this.
4) The world of tech is moving towards wearable devices. Does Logitech have any surprise for us?
We’re also excited to see how this category will evolve. We will keep on evaluating the market for possible opportunities.
5) What next for Logitech or where do you see Logitech by 2020?
Logitech has rich heritage of surprising our users with innovative products in each area where we operate. 10 of our products were recently honoured for their designs. The 2014 GOOD DESIGN Awards honoured the Logitech® case+, the Logitech® Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830, the Logitech® X300 Mobile Wireless Stereo Speaker, the Logitech® G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse, the Logitech® G402 Hyperion Fury(tm) Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse, the Logitech® Ultrathin Keyboard Foliofor iPad® Air and iPad® mini and the Logitech® Ultrathin for iPad® Air. While this year’s iF DESIGN AWARD winners were the Logitech® AnyAngle, the Logitech® Wireless Mouse M320 and Ultimate Ears’ UE MEGABOOM. Logitech is on the path of becoming a truly global design company in its domain.