Timex, a leader in outdoor and sports performance timepieces, has introduced its newest connected training tool, TIMEX® IRONMAN® Run x50+, built for those who love the benefits of running with their phones, but don’t like the hassle that it entails.
“For nearly three decades, Timex has provided athletes with technology solutions to enhance their training experiences,” said Bart van Schijndel, International Marketing Manager, Timex Sports & Outdoors “The brand is excited to launch the new Run x50+ watch – an evolved training tool for runners of all levels.”
Anupam Mathur, Head of Sales and Marketing, Timex Group India Limited said, “With Timex’s foray into wearable technology, we are offering consumers a confluence of future technology and style. We are proud to be the only authentic watch brand to bring in such products. We have received a fantastic response in the global market and are soon looking to launch our smart watch in India in partnership with a reliable telecom partner.”
Equipped with Bluetooth® technology, the Run x50+ connects to your phone, allowing you to tuck it safely away. It uses advanced fitness smartwatch technology to bring all of the essentials that runners desire from their phones onto their wrists during training, including the ability to view and control fitness apps and music, and to receive texts, caller ID, and other notifications. When not running, you can continue to wear the Run x50+ and have the convenience of all-day notifications and appointment reminders on a high resolution, easy-to-read display. The TIMEX ® IRONMAN® Runx50+ wirelessly connects to iOS and Android devices. Even without a smartphone connection, it still provides the time, chronograph functions, an interval timer, alarms and the INDIGLO® night-light. It offers water resistance to 50 meters, so it can survive splashing, swimming and training in the rain. The TIMEX® IRONMAN® Run x50+ will be available in March at selected sports and electronic retailers worldwide.
- Stream and control workout information from smartphone fitness apps (available for iOS at launch, Android coming soon. See timex.com/rx50 for a complete list)
- See text alerts, incoming calls, emails, Facebook notifications and more
- View and control your phone’s music conveniently from your wrist, including volume, pause, play, title, artist, next/previous track
- Easily set watch features from the free Timex Connected app
- Access full sports watch functionality including stopwatch, interval timer, alarm, and INDIGLO® night-light in a 50-meter water-resistant design
- Appointment reminders, phone finder and watch finder for convenience
- Vibrating and/or audible alerts
- Clear, high resolution, sunlight-readable display
- Compatible with iOS and Android platforms (see timex.com/rx50 for a complete list)