The wait for Nokia’s first ever Android smartphone is over, HMD Global, who got the Licence to sell Nokia smartphones has announced their first Android Smartphone in China, today. The smartphone is dubbed as Nokia 6 and comes with a price tag of 1699 yuan, which is approx. INR 16739. It will be available only in China through JD.com in the first half of the year.
Coming to the specs of Nokia’s Android smartphone, It has a 5.5″ Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with Gorilla Glass 3 Protection. And is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Processor, coupled with Adreno 505 GPU and 4GB of RAM with 64GB onboard storage and MicroSD card support up to 128GB. The device is powered by a 3000mAh battery.
Nokia 6 features a 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and Phase Detection Auto Focus, 1.0um sensor, and aperture of f/2.0. There is an 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and 84-degree wide-angle lens for great selfies. It also houses the Fingerprint sensor on the front. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat. Connectivity features include 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG.
The smartphone comes in Black Color variant. It has dual speakers, one on the top and other on the bottom and it features Dolby Atmos.
Nokia 6 Specs
- 5.5-inch 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory, with sd card support up to 128GB with microSD
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree wide-angle lens
- Front Fingerprint sensor
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3000mAh built-in battery
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Thickness: 7.8mm
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
The global launch of the smartphone is still unknown, we are expecting them to announce the Global Roll-out at Mobile World Congress 2017 which will be held from 27th Feb at Barcelona. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section about Nokia’s First android smartphone. Follow us on twitter for more news and updates.