Samsung has announced 2 new Smartwatches today, Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier both the Smartwatch run on company’s own Tizen OS 2.3.2. Both Smartwatches comes with 1.3″ Circular Super AMOLED display with Always On Display feature. These smartwatches were previously announced at IFA 2016.
In terms of other specs, it comes with 1GHz Dual Core processor, 768MB RAM (By far the best in Smartwatches), 4GB Flash storage and these runs on Tizen OS 2.3.2. The battery built in is a 380mAh Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive), Samsung says it offers up to 4 days of battery life.
Connectivity options include 3G/4G LTE (Gear S3 frontier), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, MST, GPS. Rest of the features are Built-in speaker, IP68 Certified Dust, and Water Resistant.
Samsung Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier Specifications
- 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On display and 278ppi
- 1GHz Dual Core processor
- 768MB RAM
- 4GB Flash storage
- Tizen OS 2.3.2
- 380mAh Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive), up to 4 days of battery life
- Built-in speaker, IP68 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- 3G/4G LTE (Gear S3 frontier), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, MST, GPS
- classic: 12.9MM thick; Weight: 57g (without a band)
- Frontier: 12.9 thick; Weight: 62g (without band)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
The Smartwatches will be available from January 18th for INR 28,500. Stay tuned and follow us on twitter for more updates.