Microsoft has announced that the Windows 10 Creators Update has started rolling out to Windows 10 users around the world as a free update. Windows 10 Creators Update is the empowers users with a new creativity and experiences on 3D, mixed reality, enhanced apps, built-in game broadcasting, 4K gaming, new tab management features and more in Microsoft Edge, and enhanced security features.
There are two ways to get the Windows 10 Creators Update. If you already have a Windows 10 PC and have automatic updates enabled, the Creators Update will be delivered via the phased rollout. Advanced users can initiate the update manually via the Update Assistant. The update availability may vary by manufacturer, model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, specific installed software, hardware limitations and other factors such as feedback from customers. Users can now use a new service to help monitor security, the Windows Defender Security Center. The security center offers a single dashboard display so people can control their security options from one place everything from anti-virus, network and firewall protection to assessing their device performance and health security controls for the apps and browser family safety options. With the Dynamic Lock, Windows Hello can use any paired smartphone to detect when you step away from your PC or tablet, automatically locking it behind you for an extra measure of security and privacy. This feature works with smartphones, fitness bands, or any device that’s paired with your PC or tablet.
The update also comes with a next-generation version of Skype was built for Windows 10 and includes exclusive features such as mini view, SMS relay for Windows Phone, and Skype Translator for calls to mobiles and landlines. Other update features include:
- Game Broadcasting provides more ways to play, interact, share and enjoy games across Windows 10 and Xbox One
- Microsoft Edge enhances battery life and one can stream up to 1.5 hours of video longer than Chrome
- Windows ink lets you scribble an idea in your favorite office app, take photos, draw notes on a map for the trip that you’re planning
- Security and privacy protections which include a new Microsoft privacy dashboard to manage activity and settings across multiple Microsoft services
- Several new options for scheduling the timing of when updates install
- A new “night light” feature designed to reduce the blue light emitted by a computer’s screen, which has been found to affect sleep quality.
Vineet Durani, Country Head, Windows & Devices, MicrosoftIndia, stated, “Microsoft’s mission has always been to lead new innovations that let people create their own path, and bring their dreams and aspirations to life. Today, people value creativity more than ever, placing us on the cusp of a new wave of exploration, advancement, and impact. We are delighted to announce the general availability of the Windows 10 Creators Update today, which will roll out to more than 400 million monthly active devices around the world.”
Have you got the update on your Windows 10 machine? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below, follow us on twitter for more news and updates.