Samsung’s premium flagship, Galaxy Note 8 which was announced a couple of weeks ago in the US was launched in India today. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with a dual rear camera, the first flagship smartphone from Samsung to sport it. The device is priced at INR 67,900 and is available for pre-order on Amazon.in in Midnight Black and Maple Gold color options.
The Note 8 comes with a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED with 2960×1440 resolution, 18.5:9 aspect ratio and 521ppi. The device is powered by Samsung’s home-brewed Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor, 64, bit, 10nm technology. It comes with 6GB of RAM and comes with 64GB storage. The device runs on Android 7.1.1 and has a 3,300mAh that supports Wireless Charging and Fast Charging 2.0.
On the camera front, the device comes with Dual Rear Cameras plus Dual OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). It has a 12MP wide angle sensor with f/1.7 aperture and a 12MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture. Other features of the camera include 2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom. The front or Selfie camera is of 8MP with AutoFocus and f/1.7 aperture. The device also carries IP68 dust and water resistance rating and can be submerged into 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes. Other features of the device include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), USB Type-C, NFC, Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, Facial Recognition.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 also comes with Bixby voice assistant that was introduced with S8 and S8+ and also the Note 8 comes with a dedicated Bixby button. As seen in the past Note lineup, the Note 8 also packs with a Stylus which they call S pen with an improved performance, a finer tip, improved pressure sensitivity and several new S Pen features.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 specs:
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED, 2960×1440, 521ppi
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 series 8895 processor, Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB Internal storage, MicroSD card support up to 256GB
- 12MP Dual Rear Cameras with Dual Pixel auto focus, f/1.7, and f/2.4, 2X optical zoom
- 8MP front camera with f/1.7 aperture and AutoFocus
- 3300mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 and Wireless charging support, USB type-c port
- Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Face Recognition, Fingerprint Scanner at the rear
- Colours: Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue
- INR 4,000 off on HDFC credit cards
- Free wireless charger
- Free one-time screen replacement
- Up to 448GB Jio 4G data
- No cost EMI
What do you think about the price of this device? Let us know in the comments section below, follow us on twitter for more news and updates.