The company unveiled their latest flagship, OnePlus 5T a couple of weeks ago at an event in New York and the smartphone was available via one-hour preview sale, held on 24th November. The phone got a positive response as it was sold out within the first 5 minutes. Today, the company has announced that the device will be available via an open sale on all platforms- Amazon.in, oneplusstore.in, selected Croma stores and OnePlus Experience zones in Bangalore and Noida.
To recap, the OnePlus 5T sports a 6-inch Optic OLED bezel-less display, with an 18:9 aspect ratio and 2160 x 1080 pixels screen resolution. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and comes in two variants to choose from – 6GB RAM with 64GB onboard storage and 8GB RAM with 128GB inbuilt storage. As seen on the previous OnPlus devices, there is no slot for a microSD card. The device is backed by 3,300mAH battery with Dash Charging technology that can give a day’s power in just 30 minutes of charge.
In the software department, the device is running on OxygenOS 4.7.1 based on Android v7.1 Nougat and should be getting the Oreo v8.0 update pretty soon.
The OnePlus 5T also packs in a Face unlock feature as an added security feature, and the fingerprint scanner is now moved to the rear. To the optics department, it comes with a Dual camera setup with 16-megapixel and 20-megapixel rear cameras to focus on low-light and portrait photography and 16-megapixel front-facing camera for shooters. Both the cameras have an aperture of f/1.7 focal length to 27.22mm. Rest of the specifications are listed below.
OnePlus 5T Specs
- 6″ Full HD+(2160 x 1080 pixels ) Optic AMOLED Display
- 18:9 screen aspect ratio
- Snapdragon 835 Processor and Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB/8GB DDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage with no expandable storage
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 16MP Sony IMX 398 sensor with an aperture of f/1.7 and 16MP secondary lens with f/1.7 aperture rear camera with fast autofocus, support for 4k recording, slow-motion video at 120fps in 720p
- Camera features -Portrait mode and Pro mode
- 16MP Front facing camera with aperture f/2.0
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge
- NFC, 4G LTE, Fingerprint sensor, GPS, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB type C
The OnePlus 5T with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage will cost you INR 32,999 and 8GB RAM with 128GB storage variant will retail at INR 37,999.
- INR 1,500 instant cashback on HDFC bank debit and credit cards
- 1,008 GB OnePlus 4G data plan by IDEA
- 12-month Zomato Gold subscription
- 12-month OnePlus Accidental Damage protection
- Amazon Pay Balance vouchers
- Kindle e-credits.
Commenting on the open sale, Vikas Agarwal, General Manager, OnePlus India, said,
“OnePlus 5T has received overwhelming response in India and globally during the early access sale. We are happy to announce that starting today, customers can buy OnePlus 5T without having to wait, through Amazon.in and oneplustsore.in. Users across India will also get the opportunity to experience and buy for instant gratification through selected Croma stores and OnePlus Experience zone in Bangalore and Noida”
Are you getting the new OnePlus 5T? Drop a comment and let us know in the comment section below. Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.