OnePlus has started pushing the latest OxygenOS Beta update for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. The OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for the OnePlus 5 and OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 5T are now rolling out.
The update has added a new feature called, pick-up gesture switcher which allows you to choose which way you slide (up or down) to pick up a phone call on your OnePlus 5/5T. Also, OnePlus has removed slightly controversial Clipboard function, which a developer on Twitter was claiming that it is sending all the data to the chinese server. On removing the feature OnePlus has stated, “Thanks for your feedback, we removed this feature based on that”. Also, the updated comes with CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218.Further, for Indian users, OnePlus has added SMS categorization function that auto-sorts your SMS messages into categories. Finally, as always there are General bug fixes and improvements for an overall stable performance of the smartphone. Here is the official changelog of the devices.
- Added pick-up gesture switcher
- You can now choose which way you slide (up or down) to pick up a phone call
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Removed Clipboard function
- Thanks for your feedback, we removed this feature based on that.
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Added SMS categorization function for India only
- This is an India only feature that auto-sorts your SMS messages into categories
How to install OpenBeat on OnePlus 5/5T
If you are interested in testing out the latest version of OxygenOS, you can just do it with a few simple steps. Here is how you can install the Open Beta on your smartphone.
- Step 1: Download the Open Beta 3 and Open Beta 5 for OnePlus 5T and 5 zip file
- Step 2: Place the downloaded file in the internal storage of the Smartphone(Don’t keep it inside any folder)
- Step 3: Enable Advanced Reboot Option in Settings-> Developer Options-> Advanced reboot
- Step 4: Now, hold the power button and then select reboot, then select reboot, Recovery and then reboot your phone into recovery mode
- Step 5: In the recovery menu, navigate using the volume keys and then select Install from internal storage option
- Step 6: Select the file that you have placed in the internal storage and select install. Wait for few minutes and your OnePlus 5/5T will boot up with the latest Open Beta.
For the latest news and updates, follow us on Twitter.