Oppo has announced a new mid-range smartphone in China. The newly launched Oppo K3 comes with very similar design and specifications as the recently launched Realme X. The Oppo K3 comes with a pop-up selfie camera, in-display fingerprint scanner, VooC Flash 3.0 Charge technology, Type-C port, and much more.
The Oppo K3 features a 6.5-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5: 9 AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 5, 91.2% screen-to-body-ratio. Under the hood, Oppo K3 is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 710 10nm processor clocking at 2.2GHz, Adreno 616 GPU. The device comes in three variants – 6+64GB, 8+128GB, and 8GB+256GB. The device is running on ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie and is packed with a 3765mAH battery with VooC Flash 3.0 Charge technology which is 20W and similar to the OnePlus 6T charging speed. It comes with USB Type-C port.
In the camera department, Oppo K3 is equipped with 16MP(f/1.7)+2MP dual rear camera with LED flash and over at the front, there is a 16MP front-facing pop-up camera with f/2.0 aperture. The device also comes with In-display fingerprint scanner with facial unlock support. Other features include Dual nano-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS.
Oppo K3 Specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5: 9 AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 5, 91.2% screen-to-body-ratio
- 2.2GHZ Octa-core Snapdragon 710 10nm processor, Adreno 616 GPU
- 6/8GB RAM
- 64/128/256GB internal storage
- Android 9.0 Pie Oreo, ColorOS 6
- 16MP(f/1.7)+2MP dual rear camera with LED flash
- 16MP front-facing pop-up camera, f/2.0 aperture
- 3765mAH battery, 20W VooC Flash 3.0 charging, USB Type-C
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Thickness: 9.4mm and Weight: 191g
- Dual nano-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- Colors: Nebula Purple, Green, White
Pricing and Availability
- Oppo K3 6+64GB – 1599 yuan (INR 16,347 approx)
- Oppo K3 8+128GB – 1899 yuan (INR 19,143 approx)
- Oppo K3 8GB+256GB – 2299 yuan (INR 23,176 approx)
The smartphone will be available in China from June 1, 2019, and the top end variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage will go on sale in mid-June.