German audio-giant, Sennheiser at the PALM Expo 2019 held in Mumbai, launched not just one or two, but five clutter-audio solutions from the Sennheiser and Neumann family – the Sennheiser XS Wireless Digital, a portable transmitter and receiver, IE 400 Pro & IE 500 Pro, professional in-ear monitors, Neumann NDH 20, first ever headphones by Neumann and KH 750 Subwoofer. Also, the company showcased a wide range of its other equipment for consumers to experience including the Sennheiser Digital 6000, Digital 2000 IEM and HD 300.
Sennheiser XSW Digital
XS Wireless Digital is essentially a cable replacement and works digitally, using a 2.4 GHz transmission to create a wireless peer-to-peer connection. It comes with a simple touch of a button, step away from the cables and maintain a faithful connection. As a liberating solution for the musician moving about on stage, or a convenient approach to practicing in the rehearsal room, XS Wireless Digital empowers your inner creativity by allowing you to roam free.
- One touch ease-of-use
- 2.4 GHz digital transmission for worldwide operation
- 75m range (250ft) in optimal conditions
- Up to 5 hours of battery life on a single charge
- Switch between multiple transmitters linked to one receiver
- Configure any combination of transmitters and receivers
- Mute from either transmitter or receiver
Sennheiser IE400 and Sennheiser IE500
The latest series of professional in-ears offer natural, high-resolution sound, a secure and comfortable fit that comes close to custom-molded in-ears and a break-proof, patent-pending cable connection. Theses professional in-ears ensure impeccable audio reproduction with warmth, great detail, and natural clarity, thus improving the artist’s focus and performance control even in difficult stage situations. The three models target professionals across segment with IE 500 PRO being top-of-the-range followed by IE 400 PRO and IE 40 Pro designed as an entry model. IE 400 PRO and IE 500 PRO have reinvented the single dynamic driver principle while other in-ears in the same price range work on the balanced armature principle. The IE 400 PRO and the IE 500 PRO, use a single high-performance dynamic driver that covers the entire frequency range with ease, resulting in a distortion-free, detailed and accurate sound reproduction.
Neumann NDH 20
The Neumann NDH 20 is a closed-back studio headphone that offers balanced sound image and outstanding resolution you would expect from a Neumann product. The NDH 20’s newly designed 38-mm drivers with high-gauss neodymium magnets ensure high sensitivity and low distortion. In other words, the NDH 20 would not need a dedicated headphone amplifier; it sounds just as great on mobile devices such as laptop computers.
- Linear sound balance, like Neumann’s acclaimed studio monitors
- Excellent isolation allows working in noisy environments
- High long-term comfort, easy transportation
- Two detachable cables (straight/coiled)
Other products showcased:
- Sennheiser HD 300: Featuring extremely durable construction and a folding headband for easy storage when not in use, the HD 300 is perfect for listening to music on the go. Sennheiser’s own transducers ensure a well-balanced sound and powerful, dynamic bass
- Sennheiser Digital 6000: The first digital two-channel solutions in one rack. As precise as the top-of-the-range wireless Digital 9000
- Sennheiser Memory Mic: The Memory Mic allows you to create rich audio landscapes for your content, whether it’s daily vlogs, travel or cookery videos or even podcasts. When recording with the Memory Mic, the integrated microphone of the smartphone will also be active and pick up ambient sound. This allows you to record commentary and preserve the original soundscape of the site at the same time
Mr. Vipin Pungalia, Director, Professional Segment, Sennheiser Electronics India Pvt. Ltd. said, “We, at Sennheiser, have always been committed towards introducing new age audio solutions with cutting-edge technology that cater to the constantly evolving needs of our users. The aim is to make life simpler for the industry professionals, enable them to capture the best of audio and video content and have a seamless experience while doing so. To further that, this year at PALM Expo, we have launched some of our most innovative professional audio solutions. These include products like IE500 and XSW Digital, which have received a phenomenal response in international markets and we are looking forward to a similar response in India. PALM Expo has been a great platform where the best of the industry comes together under one roof with technologies that shape the present and future of audio, and we are extremely happy to be a part of the same.”
There is no word on the pricing yet. For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.