HMD Global has launched its latest mid-range smartphone in India, the Nokia 7.2. The Nokia 7.2 was announced at the IFA 2019 a couple of weeks ago along with the Nokia 6.2, Nokia 800 Tough, Nokia 2720 Flip 4G, and Nokia 110. The smartphone is inspired by Finnish design, Nokia 7.2 combines craftsmanship and quality materials in perfect harmony. As part of the Android One partnership, Nokia 7.2 is Android 10 ready and will receive guaranteed monthly security updates for three years and OS updates for two years.
The Nokia 7.2 comes with a 6.39-inch Full HD+ Puredisplay which is an HDR certified panel. The display on the Nokia 7.2 will convert any SDR content to HDR in real-time. The device is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass over at the front as well as at the rear. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor clocked at 2.2GHz with Adreno 512 GPU. It comes in two variants – 4+64GB and 6+64GB with microSD card support up to 512GB. The smartphone is running on Android 9 Pie and will be getting Android 10 pretty soon and the device is backed by a 3500mAH battery with 10W chatting via Type-C port.
Over to the camera department, the Nokia 7.2 features a triple rear camera set-up with primary 48MP (f/1.8 aperture)+8MP (118-degree ultrawide) + 5MP(f/2.4 aperture) sensors with ZEISS Optics. Over to the front, there is a 20MP front-facing camera with Quad Pixel, ZEISS Optics. Other features of the device include a rear fingerprint sensor, face unlock, dedicated Google Assistant Button, 3.5mm audio jack.
Nokia 7.2 Specifications
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ Puredisplay, HDR certified, Gorilla Glass
- 2.2Ghz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 512GB
- 48MP (f/1.8 aperture)+8MP (118-degree ultrawide) + 5MP(f/2.4 aperture) triple rear camera with ZEISS Optics
- 20MP front-facing camera with Quad Pixel, ZEISS Optics
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 3,500 mAH built-in battery, 10W charging, USB Type-C port
- Rear Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Dedicated Google Assistant Button
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimension: 159.92 x 75.15 x 8.25mm
- Weight: 180g
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0 supports aptX, GPS, FM radio, 2 microphones with spatial surround sound capture
- Colors: Charcoal, Cyan Green
Pricing and Availability
- 4+64GB – INR 18,599
- 6+64GB – INR 19,599
The Nokia 7.2 will go on sale in from September 23rd on Offline stores, Nokia.com/phones and Flipkart.
- 10% cashback on HDFC Bank Credit and Debit cards on EMI and regular transactions
- Triple Zero offer – Zero down payment, zero processing fee, and no interest for consumers purchasing Nokia 7.2 using Bajaj Finance, IDFC First Bank, HDFC Bank CD loans and HDBFS till 31st October 2019.
- Jio users will get benefits worth INR 7,200 on INR 198/299 plans which includeINR 2,200 cashback. INR 3,000 vouchers from Cleartrip and INR 2,000 off on Zoomcar.
- Buy Nokia 7.2 on Nokia.com/phones and get INR 2,000 gift card (till 31st October 2019)
- Extra INR 2,000 off on exchange on Flipkart (till 31st October 2019)
- 5% cashback with HDFC Bank Debit Cards till 28th September 2019
- 10% cashback with ICICI Bank credit cards and Axis Bank credit and debit cards during Big Billion Days 2019
Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer, HMD Global:
“With the Nokia 7.2 we aim to push the limits on what fans can get from one of our popular Nokia 7 series smartphones. The Nokia 7.2 offers fans advanced tools to express their creativity. Everything from the ZEISS Optics, exclusive ZEISS bokeh modes and powerful AI imaging, to its breath-taking PureDisplay technology, makes the Nokia 7.2 a device that truly stands out. In combination with the beautifully patterned satin glass back, Nokia 7.2 packs design innovation and stunning imaging performance, with a two-day battery life, into a smartphone for aspiring creators across the world at a truly incredible price.”
For more news and updates, follow us on Twitter.