A couple of weeks after announcing Android 10 Open Beta for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, OnePlus is now rolling out the stable version of the latest Android 10 based on OxygenOS 10 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. OnePlus has already rolled out Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. The OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro came out of the box with Android 10.
OxygenOS 10 Features
- Customization settings
OnePlus will offer more customization settings, including the lock screen, system, and 3 preset themes for you to choose from. In lock screen customization, you can choose clock style, fingerprint animation, and wallpaper.
- Smart Display in Ambient display
With Android 10, it possible for you to view the name of the song by double-tapping the screen. It can also display more info such as Music, Weather, and Calendar, depending on what makes more sense at that time.
- Comprehensive privacy management
Comprehensive privacy management gives user total control over how apps have access to the “location” permission. You can “always allow”, “allow only while using the app”, “forbid” or “don’t ask again once prohibited”. Permission manager will give you a full picture of the apps containing sensitive information like contacts, messages, etc. You can see and choose whatever apps are granted access to each permission.
- Important: The notification will be received with sound or vibration
- Other: The notification will be received without any sound or vibration, which keeps you focused.
- Game Space
The new Game Space will have access to options like Fnatic Mode and Graphic Optimization with a new feature to know the time spent on each game app.
- Share Wi-Fi
Sharing access to a Wi-Fi network is as easy as pressing a button. You just enter the Wi-Fi&internet setting page and open the desired network to get the QR code for sharing. The password will also show in the text below.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs.