Amazon India today announced a new device under the Echo portfolio called ‘Echo Auto’. The newly launched Echo Auto is an easy way to add the power of Alexa to the car. It comes with eight-microphone array designed for in-car acoustics and speech recognition technology, Alexa can now hear you over music, A/C, and road noise.
Echo Auto is powered by the car’s 12V charging socket or USB port. The device connects to your car stereo system for audio playback using a 3.5 mm auxiliary cable or Bluetooth connection. It will connect to Alexa through the Alexa app on the smartphone and uses mobile data to stream music, make a call or send messages to your phone contacts, and more. With Echo Auto in your car, one can just ask Alexa to hear morning news, listen to an Audible book on your commute, nearest coffee shops, petrol pumps and more. One can also control smart home appliances, set reminders, build shopping list or manage the calendar.
Just like all Echo devices, Echo Auto is built with multiple layers of privacy protections, including a mic on/ off button that electronically disconnects the microphones. Additionally, customers have control over their voice recordings—with the ability to view, hear, and delete utterances at Alexa Privacy Settings or in the Alexa app, any time.
Amazon Echo Auto Features
- Eight-microphone array enables users to talk to Alexa over music, A/C, and road noise
- Stream ad-free music from Amazon Prime or Apple Music, JioSaavn, Gaana or Hungama Music
- Hands-free calls, text messages
- Ask Alexa about cricket scores, questions about history, geography and the latest news updates from NDTV, Aajtak or Bollywood Hungama News
- Set up reminders and add items to the shopping list when on-the-go
- Over 30,000 Alexa skills in English
Pricing and Availability
The new Echo Auto is available for pre-order today at INR 4,999 on www.amazon.in/EchoAuto and select retail outlets. It will start shipping from January 15.