The Consumer Electronics Show 2020 kickstarted this week and there will a lot of new tech and innovations from various brands coming straight from the Las Vegas floor. In the same lines, Western Digital showcased new innovations in its lineup of storage solutions built for every consumer use, including a demonstration of the world’s highest capacity, pocket-sized, portable SSD prototype featuring a SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps interface. The company is also launching the 1TB SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive Luxe USB Type-C drive for smartphones and laptops.
At CES 2020, which will go on till January 10, the company will show its consumer storage solutions from its G-Technology, SanDisk, WD, and Western Digital brands.
SanDisk 8TB SSD Prototype
The company will demonstrate the world’s highest capacity, pocket-sized SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps portable SSD. Western Digital continues to push the boundaries of what’s possible with an 8TB SSD prototype. Combining its expertise in flash memory with skillful design, the company is developing revolutionary solutions that keep up with and surpass today’s consumer needs.
1TB SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive Luxe USB Type-C
At CES 2020, SanDisk brand will release its newest dual connector drive that works with the latest USB Type-C smartphones and laptops.
- All-metal, high-capacity drive
- Designed to fit on a keychain, tiny form factor
The new 1TB SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive Luxe USB Type-C is expected to be available later this calendar quarter.
WD Black P50 Game Drive SSD with SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps
The WD Black portfolio provides the performance, capacity, and reliability that allow PC and console gamers to drive their game and play without limits. Five gaming solutions from the WD_Black lineup will be shown, including:
- WD_Black P50 Game Drive SSD, the industry’s first game drive to feature a SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps interface and is available now.
- Two Xbox-licensed drives, the WD_Black P10 Game Drive for Xbox One (available now) and WD_Black D10 Game Drive for Xbox One (available now). These two drives come with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial membership.=
ibi – a SanDisk brand device for photos and videos
ibi is a smart photo management device from SanDisk that offers consumers local storage that works like a personal cloud for photos and videos. Features include:
- A companion app allows consumers to wirelessly connect their phone for automatic back up with an intuitive interface to help people seamlessly collect, organize and privately share their photos and videos.
- Ability to aggregate content from various locations including laptops, USB drives, social media, and cloud accounts – all stored on ibi and viewable in the app
- 1TB of storage that can store up to 250,000 photos or 100 hours of video
Price: $129.99, available now on meetibi.com
“Consumers are generating more content than ever and require more advanced solutions to help them capture, access, share and manage it all. Our top priority is to empower people by giving them complete control of their content, so they have peace of mind that it’s reliably stored and at their fingertips when and where they need it,” said David Ellis, vice president, product marketing, Western Digital.
For more news and updates from the CES 2020, follow us on Twitter.