Xiaomi India has announced Redmi 8A Dual, the upgraded version of the Redmi 8A which was launched last year. The newly announced Redmi 8A Dual will take on the recently launched Realme C3 smartphone. The Redmi 8A Dual offers a dual rear camera setup, Type-C charging port, a massive battery, and is priced under INR 7,000.
The Redmi 8A Dual comes with a new Aura Wave XGrip design that eliminates fingerprints at the rear and gives a better grip. The device comes in three color options – Sky White, Sea Blue, and Midnight Grey. Diving into the specifications, the Redmi 8A Dual flaunts a 6.22-inch (1520× 720 pixels) HD+ IPS display with a dew-drop notch protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 processor clocked at 2GHz, Adreno 505 GPU. It comes in two variants – 2+32GB and 3+32GB with microSD card support up to 512GB. The device lacks a fingerprint scanner but, comes with AI Face unlock. To power all the internals, the Redmi 8A Dual is packed with a massive 5000mAH battery which also comes with Type-C port and supports 18W fast charging(10W in-box).
In the camera department, the Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual comes with a 13MP primary sensor and a 2MP depth sensor with AI Portrait mode, AI Scene detection. There is an 8MP front-facing camera with AI Portrait support. The device is running on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie. Other features of the device include 3.5mm audio jack, Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, and Splash-proof nano-coating.
Redmi 8A Dual Specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520× 720 pixels) HD+ display, Gorilla Glass 5
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 processor, Adreno 505 GPU
- 2/3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 512GB
- 13MP+2MP AI Dual rear cameras with LED flash, PDAF
- 8MP AI front-facing camera, Beautify, f/2.0 aperture
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- AI Face unlock
- 5000mAH battery, 18W fast charging, USB Type-C
- IR Blaster
- P2i Splash protection nano-coating
- 3.5mm audio jack, wireless FM
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Thickness: 9.4mm and Weight: 188g
- Colors: Sky White, Sea Blue, and Midnight Grey
Redmi 8A Dual Pricing and Availability
- 2+32GB – INR 6,499
- 3+32GB – INR 6,999
The smartphone will go on sale from February 18, 2020, on mi.com and Amazon.in.
The company also announced two new powerbanks under the Redmi branding – 10000mAH and 20000mAH. They come in two color options – Black and White. Both the powerbanks comes with 18W fast charge support.
Redmi Powerbanks Features
- Dual Input ports – Type-C and Micro USB
- Dual Output
- Input -5V/2.1A, 9V/2.1A, 12V/1.5A
- Output – 5.1V/2.4A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A
- 12 layer circuit design
- Two-way fast charging
- Li-Po batteries
- Anti-slip edge texture
- Low power charging mode to charge headphones and bands
- Made in India
Pricing and Availability
- 10000mAH – INR 799
- 20000mAH – INR 1,499
The smartphone will go on sale from February 18, 2020, on mi.com.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.