In India, content consumption online, such as movie streaming, has always seen limitations such as inconsistent bandwidth & lower internet speeds that has kept masses away. As India’s largest movie streaming service, BIGFLIX has often received grievance from its users about persistent internet diffidence spoiling their movie watching experience.
“It’s not exactly the launch of the download service, it’s the solution of a long standing, internet- connectivity related issue faced by most of our users across regions. At BIGFLIX, our aim had always been to reach out to those movie lovers who shy away from a streaming service for the sheer lack of stable internet connectivity. So now our users need not worry about streaming their favourite films, they can download at their convenience and watch them offline anytime, anywhere without having to worry about the accessibility to internet. Internet connectivity is no longer a restraint to the movie watching experience to our subscribers -whether they are at home or on the go!” said Mr. Shreyash Sigtia, Business Head, BIGFLIX.
BIGFLIX has been consistently expanding its content offering by partnering with leading entertainment houses like Reliance Entertainment, UTV, Disney, Shemaroo Entertainment, IndiaCast, Unisys, AP International and many more to bring an assortment of films for the Indian consumers who prefer entertainment at their convenience of time and space. This entire catalogue of several thousands of movies on BIGFLIX can now be streamed or downloaded on desktops and laptops with plans starting Rs.99 onwards.
Subscribers will be required to install ‘download manager’ to manage their download lists linked to their BIGFLIX account.
(Steps to download a movie on BIGFLIX: http://bigflix.com/download-edu)
Some key aspects of the download service are:
· In the case of interruption in download, users have the option to resume the download from where it was discontinued earlier.
· The download manager sits on the user’s machine and enables users to watch the movies which they have downloaded even when they are not connected to the internet i.e. films once downloaded can be watched offline
· Users can begin watching the movie as soon as 20% download is reached.
· All content on BIGFLIX is DRM protected and therefore the movies thus downloaded cannot be copied onto another devices.
· The download feature can be availed on the entire catalogue comprising over 2000 titles across genre and languages.No additional costs to avail download service; users can download and watch films offline so long as their subscription to BIGFLIX is active.
David Dhawan’s ‘Chashme Baddoor’ premieres on BIGFLIX
BIGFLIX adds Shemaroo Entertainment titles
Tamil blockbusters now on BIGFLIX
BIGFLIX reaches another milestone ‘1 million users
BIGFLIX goes HD on the iOS. Download now for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch