If you are into reading then you would have used or atleast heard about the Amazon Kindle. The best thing to books after books. Yes its that good!
We personally have been using the World’s best-selling e-reader since its first generation. But now the best got even better—new display technology with higher contrast, next generation built-in light, faster processor, plus all-new reading features like Kindle Page Flip, Vocabulary Builder, and more.
Yes we are talking about the Kindle Paperwhite. This generation of Kindle delivers an uncompromised reading experience—unlike tablets, it’s easy to read in bright sunlight, won’t tire your eyes in the dark, weighs just 206 grams so you can read comfortably for hours with one hand, and has eight weeks of battery life
Amazon India yesterday announced that the world’s most advanced e-reader—the all-new Kindle Paperwhite. We have been using it for a while and we swear by it. Now that it is available in India, why don’t you pre-order it already on www.amazon.in and you shall get it by February 4, 2014.
The new top-of-the-line Kindle Paperwhite is priced at Rs 10,999/– and the new Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi + 3G is priced at Rs 13999/-. Starting February 04, 2014, the new Kindle Paperwhite will also be available offline across 250 retail outlets across India including Croma, Reliance Digital, E-Zone, UniverCell and Vijay Sales stores located in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and Pune.
“Kindle is the best-selling e-reader in the world for six years running, and now it’s even better,” said Amit Agarwal, Vice President and Country Manager, Amazon India. “The new Kindle Paperwhite features brand-new display technology, the next generation of our built-in light, a faster processor, plus new features like Kindle Page Flip and Vocabulary Builder. We are excited to make Kindle Paperwhite available to our customers in India.”
Kindle Paperwhite combines the best hardware, massive selection, lowest book prices, best reading features, best customer service, personalized recommendations, customer reviews, and features like instant dictionary look-up, Whispersync, “Buy Once, Read Everywhere”, and more—into one seamlessly integrated service for customers. This is the reason Kindle owners read four times as many books—print and eBooks—as they do prior to owning a Kindle.
Here’s what makes the all-new Kindle Paperwhite better than ever:
– New display technology with higher contrast—Kindle Paperwhite’ s display is the most advanced e-reader display ever constructed. Higher contrast and better reflectivity means whites are whiter and blacks are blacker, so the pages are virtually indistinguishable from a physical book. You won’t find this level of contrast with any other e-reader display.
– Next generation built-in light—Guides light toward the surface of the display so you can read comfortably without eyestrain.
– New, 25% faster processor—Books open and pages turn faster for a seamless reading experience.
– New touch technology—19% tighter touch grid makes Kindle Paperwhite respond even more accurately to the smallest touches.
– New Kindle Page Flip—Skim page-by-page, scan by chapter, or skip to the end of your book, all without losing your place. For example, it’s now easy to quickly flip back and forth to that map of Beyond the Wall in A Dance With Dragons. See a screenshot: www.amazon.com/kindle-page-flip.
– New Vocabulary Builder—Compiles words you look up in the dictionary into an easy-to-access list. Use these lists to quiz yourself with flashcards and instantly see words in context. See screenshots: www.amazon.com/kindle-vocabulary.
– New Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary and Wikipedia so you can access definitions, characters, settings and more without leaving your page or losing your place. See a screenshot: www.amazon.com/kindle-lookup.
– New In-line Footnotes—With a single tap, read the complete text of each footnote in-line without changing the page or losing your place in the book. See a screenshot: www.amazon.com/kindle-footnotes.
– New Kindle Free Time- Encourage children to read even more with FreeTime for Kindle Paperwhite. FreeTime lets you create personalized profiles for kids and give them access to titles from your collection of books. Children are rewarded with achievement badges that keep track of their personal reading accomplishments. A progress report keeps parents updated on total time spent reading; number of words looked up, badges earned and books read.
– Cloud Collections—Organize your books in customized collections for easy reference, and Amazon’s Whispersync technology synchronizes the collections across your Kindle devices and reading apps so they’re available on all of your devices.
Kindle Paperwhite still includes all of the features that helped make Kindle the best-selling e-reader in the world for six years running:
– Reads like real paper—No-glare display for perfect reading, even in bright sunlight.
– 8 weeks of battery life—Read for weeks, not hours, on a single charge.
– Weighs just 206 grams —Hold comfortably in one hand for long reading sessions.
– Built-in Wi-Fi and free 3G— download books anytime, anywhere, no hunting or paying for Wi-Fi hotspots, no monthly charges, no data plan required.
– Massive Selection—The India Kindle Store offers over 2 million books priced in Indian Rupees (INR), including 84 of 100 Nielsen India Bookscan Best Sellers and a massive selection of titles including new releases and works from a range of famous Indian authors like Sudeep Nagarkar, Ramachandra Guha, Amish Tripathi, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Rashmi Bansal and Chetan Bhagat.
– Kindle exclusives—over 450,000 titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store, including the eBook of ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ by Stephen Covey.
– Lowest book prices— Indian customers will also enjoy over 250,000 books priced ₹99 or less and over 1 million priced ₹299 or less.
– Carry over a thousand books—Never leave a favorite book behind.
– Whispersync—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations across all of your devices, so you can always pick up where you left off.
– Worry-Free Archive—Automatically backs up your Kindle books in the cloud, so you never need to worry about losing your books—re-download your books wirelessly anytime for free.
– Time to Read—Tells you how much time it will take to finish a chapter or a book based on your personalized reading speed. See a screenshot: www.amazon.com/time-to-read.
– Facebook and Twitter—Share book recommendations, highlighted sections and meaningful quotes with friends.
– Parental Controls—Parental Controls allow parents to restrict access to the Kindle Store, Cloud Archive and the Experimental Web Browser so they can give their Kindle to a child worry-free.
All of these features combine to make Kindle Paperwhite the best device, and the best service, for reading. Unlike tablets, Paperwhite reads like real paper even in bright sunlight, won’t tire your eyes in the dark, weighs just 206 grams so you can read comfortably with one hand, and has a battery that lasts for weeks, not hours. That’s why many people buy both a tablet and a Paperwhite. Here’s what reviewers internationally have to say:
– “Amazon Kindle Paperwhite is the best e-reader ever” – CNN
– “Not only is it a great eBook reader, it’s the only one even worth considering—great hardware and Amazon’s spectacular ecosystem are an untouchable combination.” – The Verge
– “The newest iteration of Kindle—the Kindle Paperwhite—is, simply put, fantastic.” – Men’s Fitness
– “The display is amazing.” – Gizmodo
– “The Kindle Paperwhite sets the bar high for the competition.” – PC Magazine
– “Kindle Paperwhite Will Make Readers Rejoice” – Bloomberg
– “Amazon has improved on last year’s excellent Paperwhite e-reader with a faster processor, more responsive touch screen, and a better integrated light that’s brighter and whiter and displays more evenly across the screen.” – CNET
So we will say it again, if you read then you ought to buy a Kindle for yourself.