The GSMA today outlined the first details of the GSMA 2016 Mobile 360 Series India conference, which will take place 25-26 October 2016 at the Leela Ambience Gurgaon Hotel and Residences in Gurgaon, India. The thought leadership conference is the latest addition to the GSMA Mobile 360 Series of global events, and the first major GSMA event in India. It will showcase the latest industry developments in the region and will feature executives and experts from leading mobile operators, ecosystem players and companies in adjacent sectors.
“As one of the biggest markets in the world in terms of mobile subscribers, India is rapidly growing both in size and significance and our new Mobile 360 – India conference highlights the importance of this market in Asia and on the global stage,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “Mobile has the potential to drastically accelerate economic growth in India, as well as overcoming a range of social challenges, such as closing the digital divide and bringing financial inclusion to all segments of the population.”
The Mobile 360 – India conference programme will offer perspectives from across the mobile and technology landscape. It will feature a series of keynote addresses, case studies and panel discussions on the top issues and trends in mobile, including the “Digital India” vision and its impact upon the mobile ecosystem in India.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Raja Hussain, CEO, AirLoyal
- Sangita Reddy, Joint MD, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises
- Ravi Gandhi, Chief Regulatory Officer, Bharti Airtel Limited
- Osama Manzar, Founder and Director, Digital Empowerment Foundation
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Biju Nair, CEO, Hyla Mobile
- Himanshu Kapania, CEO, Idea Cellular
- Rajat Mukarji, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Idea Cellular
- Dr. Kiran Karnik, Chairman, Indraprastha Institute of IT, Delhi
- Amit Gupta, Co-Founder and President, North America, InMobi
- Megha Pradhan, Policy and Training Manager, J-PAL South Asia
- Arun Kumar, Additional Secretary, MeitY
- Sanjeev Shriya, Managing Director, Smart Chip
- Sharad Mehrotra, CEO, Telenor India
- Sunil Sood, MD and CEO, Vodafone India
Mobile 360 -– India will also host the first Mobile for Development Summit, to be held on 25 October. With the theme “Mobile as the Key Enabler to Driving Digital Innovation and Impact”, the Summit focuses on programmes including Mobile Money, Connected Women, Digital Identity and Agriculture, which are priority topics for the GSMA Mobile for Development programme in India.
Mobile 360 – India Event Sponsors and Media Partners
Bharti Airtel has been confirmed as the Host Sponsor for the event, with Idea Cellular and Vodafone supporting as Gold Sponsors, along with Brightstar and Digital Turbine as Silver Sponsors. Huawei is the Global Industry Supporter for the full Mobile 360 Series of conferences taking place throughout 2016. Media partners for the conference include Convergence India, Electronics Maker, Gadget Zone India, Telecom Drive, Telecom Era, TelecomWatch and WSO2.
Registration for Mobile 360 – India
Registration for Mobile 360 – India is now open; individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/india/#register. Access to the conference is complimentary, however space is limited and all delegates must be approved to attend.
Are you attending this event? let us know in the comment section below, follow us on twitter for more news and updates.