Since the launch in September 2015, Microsoft cloud services from local datacenters in India, have proved to be a platform that drives innovation and customer delight. Startups and developers are utilizing Microsoft cloud to fuel innovation and accelerate transformation for business verticals. The technology solutions created by these startups is now addressing key business issues faced by enterprise customers.
A survey conducted by Microsoft and international market research firm Wakefield Research indicates that Information Technology Decision Makers (ITDMs) in India, refer to Sales functions (CRM and ERP), Data Analytics and Internet of Things (IoT) as the top three services or applications that their organization would like to host on the public cloud.
Startups in India are driving innovation in these key areas by leveraging the power of Microsoft’s local cloud services:
To further enable startups and SMBs Microsoft will introduce pay-as-you-go model for them to access local cloud, by end of this year. Microsoft has expanded its cloud access for local customers by enabling Web Direct and Cloud Solution Provider channels, that makes it easy for developers and start-ups to use the local cloud.
Microsoft has been at the forefront of cloud powered digital transformation across industry verticals. It is the only cloud service provider in India that provides a full range of offerings delivered from local datacenters in India.
As of now, 52 of the top 100 Indian companies listed on the BSE use Microsoft cloud (local and global).
- Microsoft’s comprehensive cloud services across Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) have allowed customers across segments to begin their digital transformation journey.
- 5 major sectors – Healthcare, BFSI, E-Commerce, Startups and Government are leading cloud adopters in India.
- Leading healthcare providers likeFortis Healthcare, Apollo Hospitals, L V Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI), Narayana Health, Max Healthcareare using Microsoft Azure, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, CRM online and Office 365 to enhance their efficiency and improve patient care.
- Leading private sector banks such as Bank of Baroda, HDFC, ICICI Lombard, IDFC, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Axis Bank are using local Microsoft cloud, or innovative solutions from start-ups such as Cloudcherry and ZingHR running on local Microsoft cloud, to improve their operations and customer service.
- E-commerce pioneers Paytm, JustDial and Snapdeal drive business innovation and customer delight with machine learning, Bing, Skype and Microsoft’s digital assistant, Cortana.
With open and flexible platform and productivity solutions, the Microsoft cloud is designed to help businesses adopt new scenarios and leverage technology to drive digital transformation.
For more updates follow us on our social media channels @theunbiasedblog.