At the 2017 4G/5G Summit Qualcomm, Smartphone SoC maker has announced a new mobile platform dubbed Snapdragon 636 which we will be able to see in the upcoming budget and mid-range smartphone pretty soon. The SoC comes in the Snapdragon 600 series that is pretty much popular in mid-range and budget smartphones in India. The Snapdragon 636 is coupled with Adreno 509 GPU which will offer 10% improved performance compared to Adreno 508.
The Qualcomm 636 uses eight Kryo 260 CPUs, the company promises 40% increase in performance compared to Snapdragon 630 SoC. It also supports Full HD+, 18:9 displays as seen on the flagships like S8, S8+, LG G6 etc. The Assertive Display will optimize the visibility of the display in all lighting conditions. In the camera department, it supports up to a 24MP single camera and 16MP dual cameras. Also, this processor comes with Bluetooth 5.0, which will offer up to 2Mbps speed and can pair 2 devices at once. The Quick Charge 4 technology will provide 5 hours of battery life for 5 minutes of charge.
The Snapdragon 636 features:
- Eight Kryo 260 CPU running at up to 1.8GHz, 64-bit architecture
- FHD+ (18:9) display support, up to 1080p external display support
- Integrated with Snapdragon X12 LTE modem for up to 600 Mbps downlink speeds
- 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11n, 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi standards
- Bluetooth 5 commercial technology offering up to 2Mbps speed and a suite of features that enable many new use cases.
- Adreno 509 GPU
- Hexagon 680 DSP with Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Dual-channel LP DDR4x memory at 1866MHz, up to 8GB RAM support
- Qualcomm Location with support for GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, and SBAS systems, Low Power Geofencing and Tracking, Sensor-assisted Navigation
- up to 24 MP single and 16 MP dual camera with Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP, 2x ISP, 14-bit, hybrid autofocus (laser/contrast/structured light/dual-phase detection AF), Qualcomm Clear Sight, optical zoom, Zero Shutter Lag
- 4K Ultra HD video capture @ 30 fps, up to 4K Ultra HD video playback, support for H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8 codec
- Quick Charge 4 technology,
- manufactured on 14nm FinFet technology.
Which is your favourite feature of the latest SoC, let us know in the comment section in the comment section. For more latest news and updates follow us on twitter.