Cheetah Mobile held its AI-themed 321 Conference at Beijing recently where it unveiled a series of AI-powered smart devices and robotics products that leverage cutting-edge AI technology and product experience to help consumers and businesses increase efficiency and productivity. All of the products were jointly developed with OrionStar, a Cheetah Mobile-invested AI company based in Beijing.At the 321 Conference, Cheetah Mobile and OrionStar introduced a jointly-developed robotics and smart device platform, Orion OS, along with five new products, including
- Cheetah Voicepod, an AI-based smart speaker featuring precise voice recognition, voiceprint technology, and content from top providers such as Tencent Music and Ximalaya.com.
- Cheetah GreetBot, a full-sized receptionist robot designed to interact with visitors/customers and guide them to their destinations.
- Cheetah FriendBot, a mobile companion robot for children with educational and entertainment features.
- Cheetah VendBot, a roaming vending machine robot for use in malls, libraries, university buildings and other public spaces.
- Cheetah Café, a robotic barista featuring two fully independent robotic arms.
Also, at the conference, SOHO China announced a strategic partnership with Cheetah Mobile to feature Cheetah Mobile robots in the company’s SOHO Q3 shared office spaces.
It is a robotics and smart device platform jointly developed by Cheetah Mobile and OrionStar consisting of a complete technology chain that includes a system on a chip (SoC), camera + vision algorithm, microphone array, text-to-speech (TTS) system, indoor mapping and navigation system, and seven-axis robotic arm. Orion OS is a truly open platform, with all technological capabilities and data available to developers. Developers gain access to all of Orion OS’s customized features and services by joining the platform.
All of the products announced during the 321 Conference will first be available in the Chinese market.
“We have already become the first company in the world to possess the complete technology chain necessary to produce smart, practical and easy-to-use robots,” said Fu Sheng, Chairman and CEO of Cheetah Mobile. “Our goal was to leverage our extensive technology and product experience to perfect each facet of robotics through a series of useful, scenario-specific products. We will continue to create robots and other AI-based devices for homes and businesses that can free people from repetitive, everyday tasks, so they can devote more energy to thinking, innovating and enjoying life”