Fujifilm India today announced the launch of its new analog instant camera instax SQUARE SQ6. The instax Square SQ6 is a new addition to the instax series of instant camera lineup, which allows users to enjoy on-the-spot photo printing. The instax SQ6 is compatible with stylish square format films. The camera is priced at INR 9,999
The instax SQUARE SQ6 comes with various shooting functions, simple stylish design, and the square format prints, the camera can be taken anywhere, ensuring you never miss a precious moment. The camera comes with a selfie mode that automatically adjusts brightness and focal length to the ideal level for capturing best selfie images. The self-shot mirror attached to the side of the lens allows the user to check the shooting range. An addition to the instax is the tripod holes, at the bottom of the unit and a timer that can be useful for taking group photos.Further, to add appropriate drama to the picture, this camera has three modes. The Double Exposure Mode allows two photos to be overlapped on a single film when the shutter button is pressed twice, the Macro Mode can take short-range photos up to a minimum of 30cm, and the Landscape Mode can be used to take long-range landscape photos. It also includes three flash color filters (orange/purple/green) that once placed over the flash will change the color of the overall photo, allowing the user to achieve a more unique and textured photo. The ring around the lens has a metallic finish and is matched to the color of the main unit.
instax Square SQ6 Specifications
- Film- Fujifilm Instant Film “instax SQUARE Film (available separately)
- Lens- Retractable lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f = 65.75 mm, 1:12.6
- Viewfinder- Inverted Galilean finder, 0.4 x, with target spot
- Focusing- Motor-driven 3-range switching (0.3 m – 0.5 m/1 ft. – 1.6 ft., 0.5 m – 2 m/1.6 ft – 6.6 ft., 2 m/6.6 ft. and beyond), Macro Mode (0.3 m – 0.5 m/1 ft. – 1.6 ft.) Normal Mode (0.5m – 2 m/1.6 ft – 6.6 ft.) Landscape Mode (2 m/6.6 ft and beyond)
- Shutter Release- Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.6 sec – 1/400 sec
- Exposure Control- Automatic, Interlocking range (ISO 800) : LV 5 – LV 15.5, Exposure compensation: ±2/3 EV
- Film Feeding Out- Automatic
- Film Developing Time- Approximately 90 seconds (Varies depending on the ambient temperature)
- Flash- In Macro mode: Built-in, automatic electronic flash, In a mode other than Macro mode: Always flashing
- Charging time: 0.2 sec – 7 sec (using a new battery), Flash charging indicator
- Effective flash lamp range: 0.3 m – 2.7 m/1 ft. – 8.9 ft.
- Self-Timer- Electronically controlled, approx. 10-second delay, Can be stopped mid-run
- LED Display- Shooting mode (Auto, Selfie, Macro, Landscape, Double exposure), Brightness adjustment, Flash suppressing, Self-time Mode
- Power Supply- Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries, Capacity: Approximately 30 instax SQUARE 10-pack film packs with new CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries
- Dimensions & Weight- 118.7 mm x 128.1 mm x 58.1 mm/4.7 in. x 5.0 in. x 2.3 in. (not including protrusions)/393 g/13.9 oz. (without battery, strap, and film pack)
- Accessories- Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries, Shoulder strap, Three flash filters
- Color options: pearl white, blush gold, and graphite gray
Commenting on the occasion Mr. Haruto Iwata, Managing Director, Fujifilm India Pvt. Ltd. Said, “Our Instax range is a unique product which has come a long way since its launch 10 years ago. The Sales Volume Trend for Instax has crossed 7.7 Million units globally in FY 2017 which clearly indicates its success worldwide. We are very excited to welcome the all new SQ6 with a host of versatile functions. The new product has been designed keeping in mind the ever changing preferences of the Indian youth, offering unique features to complement their needs. Our instax range has always found appreciation among the youth and we are sure that like its predecessors, SQ6 will also be applauded by these young customers.”
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.