With the launch of Mi Mix 3 5G, Xiaomi also announced the global availability of the recently launched flagship smartphone Mi 9. The Mi 9 is the brands first smartphone to feature the 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor and triple rear cameras. The Mi 9 camera has secured #2 spot in DxOMark’s rear camera test and #1 spot in the video segment.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 comes with a big 6.39-inch FullHD+ super AMOLED display(2280 X 1080p), Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection with HDR display support. It is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 855 7nm processor clocking at 2.84GHz along with Adreno 640 GPU. The device comes with a 20% performance Improvement and 25% energy efficiency improvement compared to the previous gen and also it comes with the 4th generation AI engine offering 3x AI performance. It comes in two variants for the European market – 6GB+64GB, 6GB+128GB. The Mi 9 is running on Android 9.0 Pie based on MIUI 10.
In the camera department, the Mi 9 packs in a triple rear camera setup- 48MP+16MP+12MP with the main 48MP rear sensor being a Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, PDAF, a 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and a 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2x optical zoom. The device houses a 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. Mi 9 comes with an In-display fingerprint scanner at the front. To power all the internals, the smartphone packs in a 3300mAH battery with 27W fast charging capabilities along with support for the world’s first 20W wireless charging, which can charge up to 100 in 90 minutes. Also, the device doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Specifications
- 6.39-inch FullHD+ super AMOLED display(2280 X 1080p) with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, HDR display support
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Processor, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB Internal storage, microSD card support up to 256GB
- 48MP(f/1.7)+16MP(f/2.2)+12MP(f2.2) Triple rear cameras
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3300mAh battery with 27W Quick Charge and Wireless charging support, USB type-c port
- Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Dual band wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC,
- Thickness: 7.61mm and weight: 173gms
- Colors: Ocean Blue, Lavender Violet, Piano Black
Pricing and Availability
- Mi 9 6GB+64GB is priced at 449€ (INR 36,173 approx.)
- Mi 9 6GB+128GB is priced at 499€(INR 40,202 approx.)
It will go on sale in Europe from Feb 28th and is now available for pre-order in Spain, Italy, and France.