Vivo’s new sub-brand, which was announced a few weeks ago has just announced their first smartphone in China. The device itself is named iQOO and comes with the latest Snapdragon 855 chipset, up to 12GB RAM, and triple rear cameras.
The Vivo iQOO flaunts a 6.41-inch Full HD+ (2340×1080p) Super AMOLED display with a dew-drop notch. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm’s 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes in 4 variants – 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB, 8GB+256GB, and 12GB+256GB. The device is running on Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9 Pie and is packed with big 4000mAH battery with 22.5W fast charging for the base 6GB+128GB model and other three variants will get a 44W fast charging technology via USB Type-C port. In the optics department, the Vivo iQOO features a triple rear camera set-up(12MP+13MP+2MP) with the primary 12MP with an f/1.79 aperture, the secondary 13MP with an f/2.4 aperture, wide angle lens and the 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture. Some of the camera modes include Panorama, beauty, photo, super HDR, video, AR shoot, night scene, and pro mode. Over at the front, the IQOO comes with a 12MP shooter with screen flash.
Further, the smartphone also comes with pressure sensitive Monster Touch buttons on the side frame to help gamers play games seamlessly, it also comes with a vapor cooling system as this device is targeted to the gamers. iQOO packs in an In-display fingerprint scanner and also Face Unlock for security. Finally, the device also features a smart assistant – Jovi.
Vivo iQOO Specifications
- 6.41-inch Full HD+ (2340×1080p) Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 12MP(f/1.79)+13MP(f/2.4)+2MP(f/2.4) triple rear camera with LED flash
- 12MP front facing camera, screen flash
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9 Pie
- 4000mAH battery, 22.5W or 44W fast charging
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi, NFC, Type-C port
- Thickness: 8.51mm and Weight: 196g
- Colors: Electro-optic blue, Lava orange Gradient finish
Pricing and Availability
- Vivo iQOO 6GB+128GB is priced at 2998 yuan (INR 31,675 approx.)
- Vivo iQOO 8GB+128GB is priced at 3298 yuan (INR 34,842 approx.)
- Vivo iQOO 8GB+256GB is priced at 3598 yuan (INR 38,011 approx.)
- Vivo iQOO 12GB+256GB is priced at 4298 yuan (INR 45,406 approx.)
All the variants are now available in China. There is no word on the available outside China yet. Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.
Source 1, 2