When it comes to streaming services in India, Netflix is one of the premium services when compared to the competitions. While Hotstar and Amazon Prime Video are available for INR 999 per year, Netflix’s plan starts from INR 499 and goes all the up to INR 799 per month in India. Today, Netflix India announced a new cheaper plan in India that will cost INR 199 per month and it will be a mobile-only plan.
With INR 199/month, users will be able to stream all Netflix’s content without ads standard definition (SD) on one smartphone or tablet at a time. This is the company’s fourth Indian plan, in addition to the existing basic, standard and premium plans.
According to the latest reports, Indians spend 30% of their phone time and over 70% of their mobile data—on entertainment. Netflix is investing heavily in Indian films and series across all genres and for all generations, including much-loved hits like Sacred Games, Chopsticks, and Mighty Little Bheem. Thirteen new films and nine new original series are already in the pipeline.
Netflix Mobile-Only Plan
- SD quality only
- Mobile and Tablet only
- Supports both Android and iOS
- No casting/mirroring support
- One simultaneous stream
- Credit and Debit card payments
- upgradable to other plans
How to get the Mobile-Only Plan
- Download the Netflix app or visit the website www.netflix.com
- Select the mobile plan for INR 199/month
- Add account details and try the first month for free (for new users)
Here are the other plans available in India currently:
- Basic – INR 499/month (1 Screen, SD, Laptop, TV, Mobile, Tablet)
- Standard – INR 649/month (2 Screen, HD, UHD, Laptop, TV, Mobile, Tablet)
- Premium – INR 799/month (4 Screen, HD, UHD, Laptop, TV, Mobile, Tablet)
The mobile-only plan is only suitable for those who find it hard to find other Netflix users to share the screen with or else one can just join three people and make a group of four and get all the other benefits like – Laptop, TV support, ability to cast/mirror and also watch UHD content and still pay INR 200/month. What do you guys think of the mobile-only plan? do let us know in the comment section below, For more news and updates follow us on twitter.