Xiaomi has announced the third-gen Android One smartphone, Mi A3 in India today. The Mi A3 will serve as the successor to the Mi A2 which was launched last year. The Mi A3 comes with a couple of features that were missing in the Mi A2 such as the microSD card slot and 3.5mm headphone jack. Also, there is a design upgrade as it comes in gradient color options and Gorilla Glass 5 protection over at the front and 3D Gorilla Glass 5 at the rear and also the rear camera module is covered by Gorilla Glass 5. The device was launched in Spain a month ago.
The Mi A3 flaunts a 6.08-inch HD+ super AMOLED (1560 x 720 pixels) with Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which is a downgrade compared to the last-gen(Full HD on Mi A2). Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 665 Processor clocking at 2GHz, Adreno 610 GPU. It comes with LPDDR4X 4/6GB RAM and 64/128GB UFS 2.1 storage options and it also comes with micro SD card support up to 256GB. The device is running pure Android 9.0 Pie and is backed by a 4030mAH battery with 18W fast charge support via USB Type-C port. However, the company is packing a 10W charger in the box, which is disappointing. It also comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor, a first in the series and also supports face unlock.
In the camera department, it sports a triple rear camera setup with 48MP(Sony IMX 586, f/1.79, 1/2” sensor, EIS)+8MP(118-degree wide, f/2.2)+2MP(depth, f/2.4) Triple rear camera with LED flash and over at the front, a 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. Other features include IR blaster, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS. This smartphone comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, which was absent on the Mi A2.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Specifications
- 6.08-inch HD+super AMOLED (1560 x 720 pixels) 19.5:9 display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 11nm 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 processor with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64/128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, microSD card support up to 256GB
- Stock Android 9.0 Pie
- 48MP(Sony IMX 586, f/1.79, 1/2” sensor, EIS)+8MP(118-degree wide, f/2.2)+2MP(depth, f/2.4) Triple rear camera with LED flash, Night mode, EIS, 4K Video recording, AI scene detection
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, AI portrait selfie
- 4030mAH battery with 18W quick charge support via USB Type-C port
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- P2i splash-proof design
- 7th gen In-display fingerprint sensor, IR Blaster
- Thickness: 8.4mm and Weight:174g
- Colors: Kind of Grey, Noot just Blue, More than White
Pricing and Availability
- 4+64GB @ INR 12,999
- 6+128GB @ INR 15,999
- INR 750 cashback on HDFC credit cards
- Additional 250 on EMI transaction on HDFC card
- Airtel Double data offer
The device will be available on Amazon.in, mi.com, and Mi Home from August 23rd 12 noon. For more news and the latest updates follow us on Twitter and Facebook.