Apple today introduced the 7th gen iPad at an event in Steve Jobs theater, California, USA. The new 7th generation iPad brings a bigger screen, support for the full-sized Smart Keyboard at an attractive price point. The display comes with nearly 3.5 million pixels and a wide viewing angle for immersive augmented reality (AR) experiences.
The iPad 7th gen features a bigger 10.2-inch Retina display, support for Apple Pencil and for the first time, the full-size Smart Keyboard. The iPad is running on iPadOS which comes with a redesigned with a new layout to show more apps on each page. Today View can now be added to the Home screen, allowing quick access to widgets for at-a-glance information, including headlines, weather, calendar, events, tips and more. Read more about iPad OS features here.
Designed to be ultra-portable and durable, iPad weighs 450 grams and is made from 100 percent recycled aluminum with the same strength, durability and beautiful finish as the aluminum in all Apple products. On the connectivity front, iPad offers ultrafast wireless performance and support for Gigabit-class LTE connectivity — delivering three times faster cellular data connections. It also comes with Touch ID for device security.
iPad 7th gen Specifications
- 10.2-inch(2160×1620-pixel) LED IPS display, 264 ppi, 500 nits brightness
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- A10 Fusion chip with 64‑bit architecture, Embedded M10 coprocessor
- Storage: 32GB, 128GB
- 8MP rear camera with ƒ/2.4 aperture, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- 1.2MP front-facing camera, ƒ/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording
- Touch ID
- Sensors: Three‐axis gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient light sensor
- Nano-SIM/eSIM support
- 32.4‐watt-hour battery, Up to 10 hours battery life
- Up to 9 hours battery life on Wi-Fi + Cellular model
- iPadOS, Siri
- Digital compass, Wi-Fi, iBeacon micro-location
- Built-in GPS/GNSS, Cellular for Wi-Fi + Cellular model
- Weight: 483 grams(Wi-Fi model) and 493 grams(Wi-Fi + Cellular model)
- Colors: Silver, Space Grey, Gold
- iPadOS ships for free with the new 7th generation iPad and will be available as a free software update on September 30 for iPad Air 2 and later, all iPad Pro models, iPad 5th generation and later, and iPad mini 4 and later.
- Apple Pencil (1st generation) is available for purchase separately for $99 (US).
- The Smart Keyboard is a full-size keyboard that connects to the 10.2-inch iPad with the Smart Connector. It is available for purchase separately for $159 (US) with layouts for over 30 languages, including simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
Pricing and Availability
The new 7th generation iPad comes in silver, space gray and gold finishes in 32GB and 128GB configurations. iPad starts at $329 (INR 23,645 approx.) for the Wi-Fi model and $459 (INR 32,988 approx.) for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
The new iPad is available to order starting today from apple.com and in the Apple Store app in the US and more than 25 other countries and regions. iPad will be available in stores from September 30.
In India, the iPad 7th gen will start at INR 29,990 for Wi-fi models and the Wi-Fi + Cellular model will start at INR 40,990.