To raise awareness of its safety processes as well as technology-enabled safety features and to ensure that riders effectively use these during trips, Uber India has launched a two-month-long ‘Safety Never Stops’ campaign in five different languages across India. Previously, Uber India introduced Check Your Ride’ campaign to strengthen the safety of its riders
During the campaign, Uber will reach out to its consumers through a 360-degree amplification plan covering print, radio, digital, social and other channels to ensure greater awareness of its safety features.
The campaign highlights the following processes and safety features hosted within the Uber app, in India:
- Check your Ride – Match the car make, number and driver photo provided in the app against the actual.
- Share My Trip – Share a ride with a loved one/s from the list of contacts so that they can track the trip in real-time.
- On-trip 24/7 Safety Helpline – For an urgent, non-emergency issue, our 24×7 Safety Response team provides prompt assistance.
- Call Anonymization – Uber uses technology that anonymizes riders’ and driver-partners’ phone numbers so that they do not have each another’s real contact details. This protects the privacy of both parties.
- Background Check of Drivers – Drivers must provide their licensing and vehicle documentation before being able to drive on our platform. Our system keeps track of every document’s validity; if a document expires, Uber’s system automatically prevents the driver from working on the platform until their documents are in order.
- Rider Insurance – All Uber rides are insured against on-trip accidental injuries at no extra cost to the riders.
Commenting on the launch of the safety campaign, Pavan Vaish, Head of Central Operations, Uber India and South Asia said
At Uber, your safety is paramount to us. To strengthen our commitment to the safety of our customers, awareness of our various safety features is the key. That is why we have introduced the Safety Never Stops campaign to educate our users about features that will help us make the platform safer.
Sonal Dabral, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy APAC, said
Like always it has been a pleasure to partner with Uber for one more important campaign – “Safety Never Stops”. It’s a serious message so the campaign was conceptualised using the metaphor of an airline safety briefing. Also because the number of pioneering and innovative safety features Uber has launched for rider safety could rival the safety features of any airline. We hope it acts as a friendly reminder to consumers of the existence of these features so that if they ever need to use them, they have no doubt.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.