Vivo has launched the much anticipated Vivo NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G in China. The latest flagship smartphones from Vivo comes with a waterfall screen, Super AMOLED display, 64MP triple rear cameras, In-display fingerprint scanner, and much more.
The Vivo NEX 3 flaunts a 6.89-inch Full HD+(2256×1080p) Super AMOLED waterfall screen upfront with a whopping 99.6% screen to body ratio, HDR10 certified display, and up to 800nits of brightness. The display uses E3 screen material and the sides wrap the body to reach the infinite vision, creating a great immersive experience. Since the display takes up the sides too, there are no physical buttons. So, Vivo has introduced ‘Touch Sense’ virtual buttons with haptic feedback. Also, the NEX 3 comes with an In-display fingerprint scanner.
Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 855+ chipset clocked at 2.84GHz, Adreno 640 GPU. The Vivo NEX comes in 8+128GB option and the 5G variant comes in two storage options – 8+256GB and 12+256GB. The device is running on Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9 Pie and is packed with a big 4500mAH battery, 44W ultra flash charging via Type-C port.
On to the camera department, the NEX 3 houses a triple rear camera set-up with a primary 64MP being a Samsung GW1 sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 1/1.72-inch large sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, a 13MP 120-degree wide-angle lens, and a 13MP telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom. Over to the front, there is a 16MP pop-up front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. Camera modes onboard include Hyper-HDR, Super Night View 2.0, multi-frame synthesis, Panorama, beauty, photo, video, AR shoot. Other features of the device include Dual SIM, 5G, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi(2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC, NFC, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
Vivo NEX 3/ NEX 3 5G Specifications
- 6.89-inch Full HD+(2256×1080p) Super AMOLED display
- 2.94GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 855+, Adreno 640 GPU, Qualcomm X50 modem(5G)
- Up to 12GB RAM
- Up to 256GB UFS 3.0 internal storage
- 64MP(1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, f/1.8) +13MP(wide-angle, 120-degree FoV)+13MP(telephoto, 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom) Triple rear camera
- 16MP pop-up front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- 4500mAH battery, 45W ultra flash charging, Type-C
- Funtouch OS 9.1, Android 9 Pie
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dual SIM, 5G, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi(2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC, NFC
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions: 167.44 x 76.14 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 217.3g (NEX 3)/ 218.5g(NEX 3 5G)
- Colors: Black, White
Pricing and Availability in China
- Vivo NEX 3 – 8+128GB – 4998 yuan (INR 50,559 approx.)
- Vivo NEX 3 5G – 8+256GB – 5698 yuan (INR 57,808 approx.)
- Vivo NEX 3 5G – 12+256GB – 6198 yuan (INR 62,880 approx.)
It will go on sale in China from September 21st.
For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.