HMD Global just announced Nokia 8.3 5G, the company’s first 5G Android One smartphone at an online event. The phone has a 6.81-inch FHD+ punch-hole PureDisplay and is powered by Snapdragon 765 with 5G support.
It comes with up to 8GB RAM and runs Android 10 out of the box. Coming to optics, the phone packs quad rear cameras that include a 64-megapixel main rear camera, an ultra-wide camera with 2.8μm Super Pixels, Video HDR and 4K Ultra HD support, depth sensor and a macro camera. There is also action camera mode and ZEISS cinematic effects.
The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the power button and packs a 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
Nokia 8.3 5G specifications
- 6.81-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 765G processor with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with MicroSD
- Android 10
- Single / Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with Dual LED flash, ZEISS Optics, 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor
- 24MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM radio receiver, OZO audio
- 5G SA/ NSA / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Nokia 8.3 5G comes in Polar Night color, starts at 599 Euros (US$ 639 / INR 47,865 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 649 Euros (US$ 693 / INR 51,835 approx.). It will roll out from Summer.