If you’re a citizen of India, then you know the importance of a PAN and Aadhaar Card. The Government of India made it mandatory for the citizens to link their PAN and Aadhaar Card till 31st March. However, they have increased the date for this and now the date has been set to 31st June. This means the citizens would need to link their PAN Card with Aadhaar before that date. But not a lot of people know about the fastest method for linking their PAN with Aadhaar, so this is a guide on How to link your PAN Card with Aadhaar in under a minute.
Now one may ask, if he/she doesn’t link their PAN with Aadhaar, then what could be the result for the same? So, as per the Finance Bill 2021, if someone doesn’t link their Aadhar Card with PAN Card, they will be liable to pay a penalty of Rs 1000. It is better to link rather than paying the Penalty later, but not a lot of people know about the online method of linking their PAN with Aadhaar. So the step-by-step guide is mentioned below-
Method 1: Link PAN with Aadhar Card Online-
Just follow the steps mentioned below, to link your PAN with your Aadhar card online-
- Go to the link mentioned below, and make sure you open an account for yourself first.
- Now, fill in your PAN Card details and also your Aadhaar Card details too.
- Fill in the name same as the Aadhaar Card and also mention the same birth details.
- Complete the CAPTCHA and don’t forget to tick mark the box mentioned below.
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button and you’re done.
Method 2: Link PAN with Aadhar Card via SMS-
Linking PAN with Aadhaar can be done through SMS, by following the steps mentioned below-
- Firstly, SMS to 567678 or 56161 through your registered mobile number.
- The format of the SMS should be-
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 Digit Aadhaar Number><SPACE><10 Digit PAN>
- Users can take the SMS as an example that is mentioned below-
UIDPAN 100023456789 XXYZ0123X
Check PAN with Aadhar link status-
You can check the status of your linking by going to the site that is mentioned below. You just need to enter your PAN Card number and also your Aadhar Card number. Which will then check the status and give it to you for a better overview.
We hope you were able to link your PAN with the Aaadhaar Card without having any issues. If one method doesn’t work for you then you can try the other one too. Also, don’t forget to check the status of the Pan with Aadhaar link as that is very important.
With that said, do let us know your opinions on this post How to link your PAN Card with Aadhaar in under a minute by dropping a comment down below.