Twitter is a very popular microblogging and social networking platform, not just in India but all over the world. This social networking service is widely used by everyone, from celebrities to common people to politicians, and even official government bodies. Thus, to save the esteem Twitter accounts from the risk of impersonation, Twitter Verified was introduced. Now, in case you also want to get your Twitter account verified, you are certainly at the right place as in this article, we have explained How to Verify your Twitter account in India.
But, before we begin, it is important to understand the eligibility process for the same. So, the specific requirements for authenticity and notability are outlined by seven categories by Twitter. They are Government (Government Office Accounts, Individuals in Government), Companies, brands, and organizations (Organizations, Leaders & Executives), etc.
The other categories include News organizations and journalists (Individuals in News, Freelance Journalists, News Organizations), Entertainment (Entertainment or Production Company, Individual in Entertainment), Sports and gaming (Professional sports organizations, teams & leagues, Individuals in professional sports, Individuals in gaming), Activists and organizers and Content creators & influential individuals.
How to Verify your Twitter account in India:
- In the Twitter web version, click on the […] More icon and click on the Settings and Privacy option.
- If using in the phone, open the Twitter app on your mobile and from the left drop-down menu, click on Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Your Account -> Account information menu and enter your password.
- Tap on the Verification Request if you are eligible to apply.
- Now, submit a government-issued identity document along with other required details and click on Submit option.
- Once the application is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation from Twitter.
- If the application gets approved, you will see the blue tick in a few days.
- If the application gets rejected, you can re-apply after 30 days.
So, now you know How to Verify your Twitter account in India. What are your thoughts on the Twitter verification process and have you tried it yet? Do let us know in the comments section below. Also, you can connect with us on our social media platforms, The Unbiased Blog, The Automotive Blog, and Nikhil Chawla, for all things tech and auto!