Razer, a company that’s pretty well known for their gaming laptops and accessories, back in February the company announced that they had acquired the Nextbit, a smartphone maker who had launched Robin smartphone in many countries including India. After the acquisition, everyone was hoping Razer to announce a new smartphone that mainly focuses on the gaming. Now, fast forward today, they have announced Razer Phone, which is indeed a gamers phone.
The Razer Phone comes with a 5.72-inch Quad HD 120 Hz UltraMotion display, this is the first smartphone to offer such a high-frequency display. This makes the smartphone run smoother and best for graphics-intensive usage suitable for gaming. It is powered by Snapdragon 835 processor and is coupled with Adreno 540 GPU. It packs in a 8GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, with microSD card support up to 2TB. The device is running on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. It is packed with a massive 4,000mAH battery with support for Quick Charge 4+. Also, the fingerprint scanner is embedded in the power button on the side, as we had seen on the Robin.
Pricing and availability
The Razer Phone is priced at $699.99 (INR 45,160 approx.) and will be available in North America and Europe from November 17th, pre-order has already started on official site. Razer is also offering 1,337 units of Razer Phone Special Edition with Razer’s iconic green triple-headed snake logo compared to chrome triple-headed snake logo.
Razer Phone Specs
- 5.72-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-core Snapdragon 835 SoC, Adreno 540 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- 12MP+13MP rear camera with f/1.75 wide-angle lens and f/2.6 zoom lens, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
- Fingerprint sensor, integrated with power button
- Stereo front-facing speakers(Dolby), Dual amplifiers
- No 3.5mm audio jack, Audio adapter with THX-certified DAC
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Thickness: 8mm and Weight: 197g
What do you think about this new smartphone? Drop a comment and let us know in the comment section below, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.